• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What happens when you ignore a member?

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Anoher interesting thing I noticed is when SandraK would post to a thread & I clicked New Posts, it showed the Latest Post was made by "Ignored Member". :geek:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Admin can choose to do it for you, too? That's hysterical! Like telling us kids to go to our rooms and cool it. :laugh:

We CAN do lots of things, we TRY to do as little as possible. ;) We can ban you from specific threads or forums, we can make so every post you make has to be approved by us before it's live. Or... we can just ban you. :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
We CAN do lots of things, we TRY to do as little as possible. ;) We can ban you from specific threads or forums, we can make so every post you make has to be approved by us before it's live. Or... we can just ban you. :)
I want to be nosy and ask "Like who?" so badly but I know you can't say. :embarassed:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I want to be nosy and ask "Like who?" so badly but I know you can't say. :embarassed:
The answer to "Like who?" would cover people you haven't seen posts from ... :roflmao: ;)

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Anoher interesting thing I noticed is when SandraK would post to a thread & I clicked New Posts, it showed the Latest Post was made by "Ignored Member". :geek:
I had something similar happen twice on this site, but not with another member. Instead, when I wrote the name of a certain business, it published as "unapproved vendor" and then when I was describing something else in another post, it published as "fire r wordant."

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I had something similar happen twice on this site, but not with another member. Instead, when I wrote the name of a certain business, it published as "unapproved vendor" and then when I was describing something else in another post, it published as "fire r wordant."

That's the censor. ;) Ever try to swear on the forum? We had a member fighting with the censor once, thought it was staff changing her post. :hilarious: Oh my goodness it was funny.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've used the ignore function before, not going to lie! Sometimes it's less stressful to just pretend people don't exist :lol: I don't even remember who it was; don't think they are a member anymore.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Have you had to do that? Or am I just being naive.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I guess since all I come here for is to read posts about our fids, see the pictures and videos, and to tell Bella stories, I don't cause much trouble. I think Bella is more of a troublemaker than I am.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I guess since all I come here for is to read posts about our fids, see the pictures and videos, and to tell Bella stories, I don't cause much trouble. I think Bella is more of a troublemaker than I am.

I've been here way too long LOL. It was a long time ago :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Have you had to do that? Or am I just being naive.

Have I had to ban someone? Yes, a few times. It was not as fun as it sounds. I was hoping for mood music or red explosions when I pushed the button, extremely anticlimactic. ;)

The staff bans spam members all the time. Banning an actual member does not happen often. :)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Gosh I could’ve answered the questions without all that ignoring of @SandraK ! :roflmao: I am actually one of the people who had a go to your room moment from admin. They put me and the other person on ignore.

Apparently I have a hair trigger temper lately, although to this day I’m not sure HOW or WHY we got into a spat. Kind of like when you’re walking down the street and someone starts yelling at you. You look around like ‘huh? Are they talking to me??’ :lol:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Admin can choose to do it for you, too? That's hysterical! Like telling us kids to go to our rooms and cool it. :laugh:
Admin says ,That's it ! Your on permanent ignore each other. Just as well , I'm basically a peaceful person ,who trys to respect others space. But once in a while there's the type that has a tendency to be somewhat "trollish" ya know the instigators,. Most people try to accommodate them to no avail. That's when I kinda blow it, because I tell them off. This type seems to always upset the apple cart,and get away with it. :smug:
Just say-n

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Gosh I could’ve answered the questions without all that ignoring of @SandraK ! :roflmao: I am actually one of the people who had a go to your room moment from admin. They put me and the other person on ignore.

Apparently I have a hair trigger temper lately, although to this day I’m not sure HOW or WHY we got into a spat. Kind of like when you’re walking down the street and someone starts yelling at you. You look around like ‘huh? Are they talking to me??’ :lol:
Some people are experts at pushing the buttons.:meh: