• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What happened to my little boy?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You can't blame yourself. You did what you thought was best. And even if you had done something differently, you don't know if it would have changed the outcome or not. When my beloved cockatiel died suddenly, I tortured myself with asking myself what did I miss, what if I had gotten up an hour earlier, etc. But it doesn't really do any good going through all the what ifs. Just try to take comfort in knowing your bird had a good life with you and that he was well loved.

Jon_in_Brasil

Moving in
Thanks sunnysmum. So sorry you lost Sunny. If the amount of messages you've sent on here is anything to go by, I guess you knew far more than I and that these things really do sometimes happen no matter what you do for them.

BlueAbyss

Walking the driveway
Taca looked like a sweet heart. My condolences for your loss. :sorrow:

Jon_in_Brasil

Moving in
He was BlueAbyss. thank you. My wife is teaching at the moment and her computer has all the photos really. I'll change that photo later for one where he's not in his little house. Although, he did love it in there too.

Jon_in_Brasil

Moving in
I'll just ask one more question about this, if you all don't mind. I doubt you all saw the last profile pic I put up, but his feathers were so much healthier recently. I wonder, though, looking at this profile picture, from around April last year, if I'm looking at his passing from the opposite point of view: His brother died very young, he just never developed, and the other two brothers are much, much bigger than Taca and never had the darkened feather problems he had despite similar diets and arguably much worse living conditions. Do you think there's a chance that he was actually always ill in some way, and that because he was so content (when he wasn't with us he was constantly playing or talking with himself or the rain) he actually lived longer than he may have otherwise? He lived to 3 and a half btw, not 2 and a half. Hard week :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We don't always know why our feathered friends have passed. Don't berate or kick yourself. I've done that and it doesn't do any good. Once again, very sorry for your loss.

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I'll just ask one more question about this, if you all don't mind. I doubt you all saw the last profile pic I put up, but his feathers were so much healthier recently. I wonder, though, looking at this profile picture, from around April last year, if I'm looking at his passing from the opposite point of view: His brother died very young, he just never developed, and the other two brothers are much, much bigger than Taca and never had the darkened feather problems he had despite similar diets and arguably much worse living conditions. Do you think there's a chance that he was actually always ill in some way, and that because he was so content (when he wasn't with us he was constantly playing or talking with himself or the rain) he actually lived longer than he may have otherwise? He lived to 3 and a half btw, not 2 and a half. Hard week :)
Dark feathers ,could possibly indicate liver problems'.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
This sounds like lead toxicity to me. I'm very sorry :(

Patty Girl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
So very , very sorry for your loss..just remember him and all the times he made you laugh and feel loved (as you were so loved from the things you've told us) And he had such a good family with you and your wife to love him too. Look at those times and don't go to any negative thoughts, just good thoughts, as he would want you to be happy. But for now..we all are so very sorry for your loss...God bless you.