1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What happened to my little boy?

Discussion in 'Highway to Heaven' started by Jon_in_Brasil, 6/14/17.

1. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    You can't blame yourself. You did what you thought was best. And even if you had done something differently, you don't know if it would have changed the outcome or not. When my beloved cockatiel died suddenly, I tortured myself with asking myself what did I miss, what if I had gotten up an hour earlier, etc. But it doesn't really do any good going through all the what ifs. Just try to take comfort in knowing your bird had a good life with you and that he was well loved.

2. Jon_in_Brasil

Jon_in_Brasil Moving in

Thanks sunnysmum. So sorry you lost Sunny. If the amount of messages you've sent on here is anything to go by, I guess you knew far more than I and that these things really do sometimes happen no matter what you do for them.

sunnysmom likes this.
  3. camelotshadow

camelotshadow Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

:sorrow:

Jon_in_Brasil likes this.
  4. Jon_in_Brasil

Jon_in_Brasil Moving in

Thanks camelotshadow. I just uploaded a Taca avatar. He's got guava on his beak. It was his favourite. I don't know if I'll be getting another one anytime soon, but I do plan on sticking around. Even if only quietly doing so.

5. Wasabisaurus

Wasabisaurus Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Mother Monster
    I am very sorry for your loss. It's so heart crushing when they leave us.

6. BlueAbyss

BlueAbyss Walking the driveway

Taca looked like a sweet heart. My condolences for your loss. :sorrow:

7. Jon_in_Brasil

Jon_in_Brasil Moving in

He was BlueAbyss. thank you. My wife is teaching at the moment and her computer has all the photos really. I'll change that photo later for one where he's not in his little house. Although, he did love it in there too.

Just-passn-thru and BlueAbyss like this.
  8. Jon_in_Brasil

Jon_in_Brasil Moving in

I'll just ask one more question about this, if you all don't mind. I doubt you all saw the last profile pic I put up, but his feathers were so much healthier recently. I wonder, though, looking at this profile picture, from around April last year, if I'm looking at his passing from the opposite point of view: His brother died very young, he just never developed, and the other two brothers are much, much bigger than Taca and never had the darkened feather problems he had despite similar diets and arguably much worse living conditions. Do you think there's a chance that he was actually always ill in some way, and that because he was so content (when he wasn't with us he was constantly playing or talking with himself or the rain) he actually lived longer than he may have otherwise? He lived to 3 and a half BTW, not 2 and a half. Hard week :)

9. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

We don't always know why our feathered friends have passed. Don't berate or kick yourself. I've done that and it doesn't do any good. Once again, very sorry for your loss.

Hankmacaw and Jon_in_Brasil like this.
  10. Just-passn-thru

Just-passn-thru Rollerblading along the road Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Suzanne
    Dark feathers ,could possibly indicate liver problems'.

11. Milo

Milo Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS

Jenny
    This sounds like lead toxicity to me. I'm very sorry :(

12. Patty Girl

Patty Girl Walking the driveway

Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
    So very , very sorry for your loss..just remember him and all the times he made you laugh and feel loved (as you were so loved from the things you've told us) And he had such a good family with you and your wife to love him too. Look at those times and don't go to any negative thoughts, just good thoughts, as he would want you to be happy. But for now..we all are so very sorry for your loss...God bless you.

Jon_in_Brasil and Hankmacaw like this.
  13. Cynthia & Percy

Cynthia & Percy cockatoo mania Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

cynthia
    so sorry for your loss

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)