• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What fruits and vegetables your conures like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Sitting on the front steps
My sun conure like when I hang his veggies and fruits with clamps on his playstand. While he play, he often stop to take a bite and end up eating most of his fruits/vegetables everyday. So, if nothing else worked, try hanging them high, my sun conure love to eat high.

I give my conure, snow peas, brocoli, carrots, spinach, orange pepper, asparagus, cauliflower, etc (I'm forgetting alot) Fruits : mangoes, papaya, pears, apples (without the seeds), strawberries, etc ...(he doesn't like bananas and kiwi) he'll however eat dried bananas... weird... (as for the fruits, I give him less fruits per day than veggies) He'll always finish up the fruits first and when he's done with his fruits and realize he won't get anymore, he proceed with his veggies. Sometimes when he's not in the mood to eat one kind of veggies he'll just have a blast destroying it and blob his head while looking at me :eek:

So, basicly from what I've seen. They're moody/picky birds that will eat what they are hungry for. So, give him alot veggies choice everyday and try hanging them up and I'm sure the curious little conure will have to go explore these veggies with his beak in no time. Once he's used to eat veggies, you can try cutting them up and put them in a bowl. Mine will eat his fruits/vegetables from a bowl but will eat less of them then if they were hanged.

I also give him all kind of nuts, one of his favorite is a walnut split in half. He grabs it with his claw and eat it away and make cute noises. :heart:

Hope it helps.

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Apple is the only fruit I've been able to get Tinga to accept. I don't think he had fruit or veg in his first 5 years, so he doesn't recognise them as food and he doesn't believe in trying new food. He is not fooled by seeing me eat them either.

He eats veggies now, but not if they still look like veggies. All must be chopped finely. In the start, his usual dry mix was mixed in with just a small amount of chop. Gradually the dry mix was reduced until now he only gets chop in that bowl & no dry mix (he does have pellets in his other bowl)

Anyway, apple is the only fruit he will eat if it still looks the way an apple should look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.