• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What Foraging toys do your HH like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkygal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Have you found any foraging fav's with your HH?

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Wow..I LOVE your avatar!:eek::heart:
He used to play with a few things..he has a 'toy chest'. Finger traps, anything he can crunch up and destroy. That stuff that unrolls that is braided, it's like the stuff the finger traps are made of. But lately he is not much for playing with them, unless it is stuff he can easily chew up hanging in his cage. Cochise's favorite foot toys are food.:D His favorites are fruits~ pears, apple, pineapple, he gets mesmerized by red grapes. He also likes sugar snap peas, corn on the cob chunks.Sweet breakfast bread, w/ apricots, raisins, cranberry.. Really...for him it's food.:)

Last edited:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cash LOVES the treasure chest from Nature's instinct. he will also go crazy for anything I put in his little wooden foraging bucket. His favorite is to unwrap stuff.

Carol have you seen the full pic? It looks like the avatar came from the shirt Becca did for me :heart: She has some really cool stuff, and made the design in a generic version too. I think you need a HH shirt!! :laughing12:
"Freedom Comes on Wings": Home: Zazzle.com Store

and

Freedom Comes on Wings - Custom Avian Apparel and Design

Im sure if you wanted it to say Cochise on it she could hook you up with that :) I have the design on a ton of stuff... slightly obsessed about my pal :rofl:
cassius-shirt.jpg

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Oh my:eek: I think I need a shirt, a mug, and a mousepad!!:heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Oh Jill, Cash dropping things from the bucket...c-l-a-n-g...:rofl: I have not seen that one before..heheh. Where did you get the cool bucket? I love the one of him opening the treasure chest. Maybe it is time to get Cochise some new stuff. It takes him a bit to get used to new things. Is Cash like that?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I plead the 5th on the bucket :hehe:

Here it is from another store ;)

Platinum Toys Works Sweet Shoppe Bucket Medium

Here's the grand opening thread for Nikki's stre, prime time to take advantage :lol:
http://forums.avianavenue.com/marketplace/12948-grand-opening.html

There is a small and a medium, Im pretty certain I bought a medium one.

They have refill packs too. Cash is obsessed with the lollypops in those, LOL. I usually put in a mix of foot toys and treats in there :)

I modified mine - the chains worry me for something to leave in the cage so I took them off and then connected it to the cage with bolt/washers/wingnut.

It does take Cash time to get used to new stuff, unless its just a replacement thing for something he's already had (like the mother pluckin toys which are his favorite for wood stuff).

Last edited:

Crazy Bird Lady

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dal
I have the HH mug and T-shirt from Zazzle. The mug has faded a bit from the dishwasher so I would recommend hand washing. We have our big bird fair in a few weeks here, I am going to get Zoey a foraging toy. She likes things she can cling and clang. She really does not chew things up.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
good to know Dana :) I dont have a dishwasher so we've always handwashed my stuff from zazzle. Ive had a few things from there for several years that didnt fade so you are probably right :)

Cash isnt a major shredder either. He will pick at wood stuff occasionally but he doesnt do the heavy dutydestruction like the other birds do.

He also seems to prefer foot toys to hanging toys. Anything with a stick such as those lollipops or honey dippers he goes insane for.

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
All of our birds love the Holeykamolys. I hang food and chew toys from the holes and put treats inside.

HoleyKamoly HoleyKamoly

ParrotHead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey
Gryffin LOVES foraging toys. I have him on a rotation- right now he has pretty easy foraging toys (he too has the 4 drawer set), and I also put a "tiki takeout" in there, but he hasn't figured it out yet. I'm starting a rotation of all my birds(most specifically the Timneh, 'Too and HH) with foraging toys. They haven't been able to destroy the acrylic ones, and I like to change it up, and keep it interesting. My too is a master at the treasure chest. Gryffin is just figuring out what Foraging toys are all about.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

I modified mine - the chains worry me for something to leave in the cage so I took them off and then connected it to the cage with bolt/washers/wingnut.

Did you have to drill through the bucket?
And how did you attach his jolly ball without chains?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The holes in the bucket (from where the chains were originally) were fortunately big enough for the bolt to go through :D

The jolly ball - I used a stainless steel skewer from Mother Pluckin. I slipped it through one of the small holes chain would attach to, and strung wood pieces on it since he likes to have a "buddy" with him. You could do the same thing Im sure w/out the wood pieces so the middle doesnt have the toy inside, the ball would just hang lower (and you'd need the small skewer).

Status
Not open for further replies.