1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What E - Cigarettes can do

Discussion in 'Comment Court' started by Mockinbirdiva, 9/26/18.

1. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Andrea
    I was talking to my sister today and she told me her son ( my nephew) had an E Cigarette lithium battery explode in his pants pocket today. I'm guessing those were cargo pants and it was in a lower pocket. This - is what can happen. I was shocked when I saw this photo. A layer of skin is severely burned. It could have been worse than this, especially if he had it in a front pocket higher up. I've seen videos during the news where this happened to customers in stores that was caught on store cameras. If you use these... you should think twice.

Mikes Burn.jpg

2. Wasabisaurus

Wasabisaurus Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mother Monster
    That poor guy! Looks credibly painful! I hope he heals quickly. Showering is going to be a killer!

I watch the show Air Disasters. I think it was improperly store lithium batteries that caught fire in the cargo hold. The fire took down the plane!

3. Mockinbirdiva

Andrea
    Gosh... you know it has to hurt and will for some time too. Many years ago one of my cousins husband worked as a mechanic and his coveralls caught fire. You know how dirty greasy those get from working on cars. He was burned severely from head to toe and is terribly disfigured.

I have not seen that show. That's horrible about that plane!

4. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Martine
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mockinbirdiva likes this.
  5. alshgs

alshgs Rollerblading along the road

Poor thing! Hope he heals quickly!

6. Meggie

Meggie Walking the driveway

Megan

:scared3: Ouch! I feel like this is becoming more common now that E-Cigarettes are becoming more popular.

7. Mockinbirdiva

Andrea
    I agree. Harmful in more ways than people realize. This has been on the news and like what happened to my nephew.

8. Henry's Birds

Henry's Birds Meeting neighbors

Henry
    Eeesh. I'd rather people vape than use cigs, though. If you do vape, please please please get the correct batteries.

Always use the correct lithium-ion battery (and charger for that battery). If you don't know what you're doing, please use an all-in-one system. Here are a few:
    Suorin Vape | Electric Tobacconist® USA
    Vape Kits from $6.95 | Electric Tobacconist® USA

Keep in mind, what I put above is for SMOKERS ONLY! Do NOT start on Nicotine! I have been there before, and all that happened was a bad vice and angry parents.
    Being off Nicotine also feels better than being on it.

9. macawpower58

macawpower58 Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

I Vape, stopped 40 years of smoking about a year ago because of an e-cigarette.
    Every single thing we own can malfunction and hurt us from cars to kitchen utensils.
    I'm not really sure why the US demonizes them.
    I think Big Tobacco Company is behind much of it.
    I heard their stock is soaring right now since they're thinking of banning flavors Vapors use.
    Tobacco companies are missing us old smokers, and the young they can't get to start.
    Many of the new vapors I know are my age.....60ish.

CrazyBirdChick likes this.
  10. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Biking along the boulevard Moderator Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Sadie
    It really irritated me that customers would bring in their vapes/e cigs and do it right in front of other people and myself inside the building I worked in. It may be "safer", but it's not just water vapor being expelled. I don't want to be forced to breathe that stuff. I have to hold my breath around regular smokers and walk quickly past them. :depressed: It makes my chest hurt to breathe that in.

"Electronic smoking devices (ESDs) do not just emit “harmless water vapor.” Secondhand aerosol (incorrectly called vapor by the industry) from ESDs contains nicotine, ultrafine particles and low levels of toxins that are known to cause cancer."

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)