• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does your bird call you?

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
One of my friend's birds calls her "ma (MAAAA)" and "mom"
What kind of bird? TD's usually so quick to copy anything I say frequently... but I have been totally unable to get the Mom out of him.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Jingo has a few ways.

An incessant, repetitive contact call that he will repeat over and over again until I move. usually that means he wants me to feed him, regardless if there is food in his dish or not.

If he wants to be cute and get my attention, he will call me Koopa Baby.

If he is being a flirt and wants scritches, he kisses like Gizmo (a big dramatic MWAH). He doesn't do that often but it's so weird because it sounds just like her.

Bobber doesn't say anything to me unless it has to do with GET OUT OF MY CAGE. He gives me these big ol' eyes and head bobs when he wants what I have though.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
What kind of bird? TD's usually so quick to copy anything I say frequently... but I have been totally unable to get the Mom out of him.
A B&G macaw. that bird is in love with her, but then again, she is kind of a bird whisperer. Louise is in love with her too.. She tried to teach him "mommy" but I've only heard MAAA and mom, he improvises.

Last edited:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton has always called me "BIRD". It will change with the mood he's in about me, though...sometimes I'm "GOOD BIRD"...sometimes I'm "BAD BIRD". For awhile last year, I was "BABY BIRD"...for unknown reasons.
Lately, it's been "DAD"...which is cool...

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Lucy calls me Chopper, which is one of my dachshunds name. She calls my wife momma and she calls my daughter by her name, Valerie. She knows all 4 of the dogs names, but I got stuck with Chopper too, silly girl.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I am a very loud chirp scream thing when I first get up or come home from work and consists of two chirps back to back lol My husband said it sounds like she is screaming from the top of her lungs when she does it lol.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Ever since you posted this I've been trying to figure out what Skittles parrotlet calls me. Today i finally pieced it together.

He calls me "big kiss" and if I don't respond after a few times he does this loooonnng big kiss.

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
I'm "girl" to RhuBird. (She's "good girl" to herself.)

And I'm *silently run away* to Lemy. Thankfully I've graduated to this from *try to bite if possible* which was my name for our first year together.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm "girl" to RhuBird. (She's "good girl" to herself.)

And I'm *silently run away* to Lemy. Thankfully I've graduated to this from *try to bite if possible* which was my name for our first year together.
Man, Lemy sounds just like Lurch for the first part of his time with me. He did eventually graduate to flying after me like a feathered puppy when I would try to leave the room.

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
Guys, I have an awful confession to make. Fritz says one word VERY clearly. It is only at night and it is only when my husband puts him to bed. As my husband puts him in his cage and is locking the door Fritz says "n****r" (a very derogatory word)
I have NO idea where it came from and it's only at night with Josh lol. It is SO FREAKING EMBARRASSING. He never says it to me and he says it in a very angry voice, I think since josh is his "person" he gets more angry at him for putting him in his cage.
The first time we heard it I was mortified :jawdrop1:
So that's what Fritz calls my husband when he is mad...it's not nearly as cute as everybody else's:confused:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Guys, I have an awful confession to make. Fritz says one word VERY clearly. It is only at night and it is only when my husband puts him to bed. As my husband puts him in his cage and is locking the door Fritz says "n****r" (a very derogatory word)
I have NO idea where it came from and it's only at night with Josh lol. It is SO FREAKING EMBARRASSING. He never says it to me and he says it in a very angry voice, I think since josh is his "person" he gets more angry at him for putting him in his cage.
The first time we heard it I was mortified :jawdrop1:
So that's what Fritz calls my husband when he is mad...it's not nearly as cute as everybody else's:confused:
Oh no!