• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does your bird call you?

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
TD's name for me has long been, "A-WEE-WEE". True story... I'm in the bathroom, doing what folks do in the bathroom...

TD: A-wee-wee?
Me: I'm right here, TD.
TD: A-wee-wee, A-wee-wee!
Me: TD, I'm right here!
TD: (now screaming) "A-WEE-WEE, A-WEE-WEE, A-WEE-WEE!"
Me, with visions of Dusty up on the chair by TD's cage about to do a chomp, come flying out of the bathroom, pants around my ankles, "What is it, TD? What's wrong?"
TD: Head lowered, looking up at me innocently, "What'cha doin'?"

Anyhow, TD has stopped calling me A-wee-wee. Now my name is either a high pitched trilling sound, that George says is, "A-wee" really fast, which is like going from Mommy to Mom...or my name is now, "Cheap". So, if I'm not "Mom, Mom, Mom" I guess I'm a "Cheap Wee-Wee".

So, I was wondering what names your birds have for you?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
LOL. Cute.

Elvis doesn't call me anything. But everything is "Elvis". So maybe we're all "Elvis". LOL. He adds Elvis to the end of almost all his words - Goodnight Elvis, Hi Elvis, I love Elvis, etc.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
For all four of my birds, I think I'm just varying forms of Chirp. Loud chirps, shrill chirps, long chirps, rapid fire chirps...you get the idea.:wacky:

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Too funny. Birds, I mean. TD spends a lot of time in the park. TD and I spend a lot of time bird watching and bird calling. TD can mimic a lot of birds. The sparrows, finches, warblers, crows and just recently, the Killdeer. I had known that mockingbirds and other mimics didn't copy pigeons or doves bcuz of the low frequency of their coos. We have a lot of pigeons and mourning doves and Eurasian Collared doves and the occasional Band Tailed Pigeon visitors wherever we go... and yesterday TD began pecking the bottom of his cage in a startling imitation of pigeons!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Echo calls me by my name, Sarah. Whenever I put him back in his cage it's usually "Sarah, Sarah, Sarah!" In this desperate tone. So I always feel guilty when putting him back. When he's happy or when he's from away from me then it becomes "Sa-Rah! Sa-Rah!" :hehe:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Jason calls me by name. The others just scream HI. The tiel girls just chirp.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leto calls me Leeeeeeeeetoo when he excited, like when I get home. Like from shopping or an appointment, but if he's just trying to get my attention when he knows I'm home he'll whistle. He knows how to wolf whistle but often makes up his own variation. :sing:

If I say hi to him, he'll chirp back :chickenswinger:

Edit to say, I'm sorry for that terrible sentence format. Tired.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd called me bu beep. Lurch talked would get excited and say all his favorites, Dobby just mostly does a quiet wolf whistle. He can talk as well and loves to say DOBBEEE, Dobbys a good boy, etc. I don't think the last two really had a direct name for either of us but they certainly had favorites and try to get our attention.

tielluver

Strolling the yard
Real Name
pat pritchard
Hi. Your post is so cute and funny. My birds don't call me anything, but one is saying pretty bird over and over, the others are trying to sing andy griffith theme, and they also seem to be imitating some of the birds outside.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Lately my name is either SQUAWK or AAAACK