• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does this behavior mean? (Redbelly video)

ReNap

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chelsey

My redbelly will do this sometimes, she’s about 5 months old and was fully weaned before being allowed to leave the breeder. The sound she’s making combined with her body language, being low to he perch how she is kinda crouched, is this a baby begging or possibly a courtship behavior? She doesn’t do it constantly

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like begging to me but the video was a bit dark.

ReNap

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chelsey
Looks like begging to me but the video was a bit dark.
Yeah not the best quality sorry, had my husband take the video quick while she was focused on me and doing it. I’ll try to get a better video of it next time she does it (and a longer clip as well)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I would guess begging also but I am not sure. Burt does it but it is so elaborate when he does it and I am not sure if macaws beg the same as all other birds. Your bird does not look like Burt when he is begging but it seems very baby like to me, the sounds also sound quite baby like.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Looks like begging to me.

Pois "skirt dance" with their courtship display, dropping their wings about their feet and turning little circles.