1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does this behavior mean? (Redbelly video)

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by ReNap, 10/10/18.

1. ReNap

ReNap Meeting neighbors

Chelsey

My redbelly will do this sometimes, she’s about 5 months old and was fully weaned before being allowed to leave the breeder. The sound she’s making combined with her body language, being low to he perch how she is kinda crouched, is this a baby begging or possibly a courtship behavior? She doesn’t do it constantly

2. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Looks like begging to me but the video was a bit dark.

3. ReNap

ReNap Meeting neighbors

Chelsey
    Yeah not the best quality sorry, had my husband take the video quick while she was focused on me and doing it. I’ll try to get a better video of it next time she does it (and a longer clip as well)

iamwhoiam likes this.
  4. Shezbug

Shezbug I have a macaw and don't post enough photos

I would guess begging also but I am not sure. Burt does it but it is so elaborate when he does it and I am not sure if macaws beg the same as all other birds. Your bird does not look like Burt when he is begging but it seems very baby like to me, the sounds also sound quite baby like.

5. Feather

Feather Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Jasmine
    Looks like begging to me.

Pois "skirt dance" with their courtship display, dropping their wings about their feet and turning little circles.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)