• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What do you feed your kitties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
My cat seems to be having some skin issues lately. So, we, my oldest and I, looked on the internet to see what cats should and should not be eating. Well, we were feeding them the Purina Indoor Cat food and there are a lot of no-no's.

My cat is very strange. I can leave ANYTHING, even tuna, sitting out and she will not touch it! So, getting her to eat anything other than what she is used to is very difficult. But, I did it! I got her weaned on to a much better food with no by products, corn, wheat, soy etc. it is called Feline Caviar and has lots of Omega 3's. It is made with chicken and lots of fish! She is enjoying it and already I can tell a difference.

My poor baby is so sensitive that we can't use any flea products on her. :(

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
My cat boss eats Wellness Salmon Flavor.

And Tiki cat for his wet food all flavors.

I cant change his food he has severe food allergies. Every time I do his face breaks out so i just keep him on that I can go between wellness flavors though.

Abby

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
Cosi being a kitten still is on the Hills Science kitten dry food. Out older cat being a semi longhaired is on the hairball formula which is what Cosi being a ragdoll will move on to when he's older. The dry is available during the day. At night they get a fresh cat/pet meat with a bit of "brand name" ie Hills, royal canin, fancy feast, Advance, tinned food (fish based mostly) mixed in.

I think Hills do a sensitive skin dry food, but can't remember if that's for cats, dogs or both. The vast majority of the registered cat breeders here use Hills.

Kimba

Sprinting down the street
I have one cat with severe allergies to any grain, poor guy bleeds out his bottom. I have to use Taste of the Wild. it is the only grain free that he will tolerate, so he must have some other sensitivity. Vets don't know and have treated for everything.......If I make his food he is also fine. So Everyone is on this food. Thank god they like it

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Oliver is on Purina Cat Chow. He was on Friskies but he started getting sick from it and throwing it up a lot. Once we changed foods, he was much better.
I wish we could afford Iams or something better but I trust Purina - it was one of the FEW brands that didn't get poisoned a couple years back when all those people lots dogs and cats to poisoned pet foods...

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Jazell eats Natural Balance limited ingredient Green Pea and Duck formula dry food, and Solid Gold Katz-N-Flocken dry. Wet food, she loves Newman's Own Organics.
She has food allergy related asthma and has no problem with any of the all Natural, grain free and no-by-products foods it's just a matter of finding what she likes.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
We feed our cats Purina cat chow and Iams mixed together, and then they usually get 1 or 2 cans of wet food (friskies, or another name brand can). 1 of our cats has stomach issues so she has to eat Science Diet or Purina cat food for sensetive stomach, and that helps her, then 1 of the other cats is a little overweight so he gets that food, and then our 2 other cats could put on a few more pounds so they eat the regular cat food. We have to lock the overweight 1 up in the laundry room otherwise when he is finished with his food, he just moves to the other cats bowls, LOL!

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Thanks so much! I'm writing these down and having my daughter go online to check out the ingredients. She goes to a website where she can analyze each brand of food for dogs and cats and they rate them as well. Too bad they don't do that for bird food!

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
My cat gets EVO and I also like Wellness and Natural Balance. I fed him raw for a couple of years and he did great, but I'm lazy... now he needs a dental. Different cats do well on different diets though, so the trick is find what works for you and your cat.

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Oh, I know Sharpie. I'm just trying to get some ideas on what's out there. I saw a new raw area on her face this evening. :( Hopefully it is because her old food may still be in her system. I think I read somewhere that a new diet takes about 2 weeks to a month to see any improvement...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.