• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What do you do when you find a bird that you want to help?

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Poor guy :( I cant imagine what the Patagonian is thinking or what he has already been through. I hope he learns it's ok to trust :hug8:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I just wanted to update everyone on the Patagonian. Ginger, of ginger’s parrot rescue, took him to the vet. He is 202 grams and should weigh 235. She said that the vet gave his health a “2” out of 5, 5 being the best. He is on two antibiotics. I texted Ginger yesterday and she said he is doing much better. I am guessing the antibiotics are helping. :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Thank you everyone! I'm so happy he is in a safe place.

@rocky'smom I'm sure the owner has not removed the ad yet. The bird is with the rescue now.
The owner probably doesn't care about it now the bird's gone.

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Final update on the Patagonian conure. It was adopted by an avian vet! There is no doubt that he would have died if left with the original owners. He’s now in the best home he could hope for. If you go to Ginger’s Parrot Rescue on facebook, you can see some great videos of him. He really is a cutie!

I guess I answered myquestion that I posed in the title. I hope if anyone else sees a bird in need they will also try to do something to alter its life. The one thing I learned is that the avian community is a great resource for helping a bird in need. :)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Final update on the Patagonian conure. It was adopted by an avian vet! There is no doubt that he would have died if left with the original owners. He’s now in the best home he could hope for. If you go to Ginger’s Parrot Rescue on facebook, you can see some great videos of him. He really is a cutie!

I guess I answered myquestion that I posed in the title. I hope if anyone else sees a bird in need they will also try to do something to alter its life. The one thing I learned is that the avian community is a great resource for helping a bird in need. :)
And where is the Love button when I need it? :D
:heart::hug4::heart::hug4::heart::hug4::heart::hug4::heart::hug4::heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
So glad to hear he has a good home now.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Such happy news!!!!
:loveshower:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
So good that he's going to have a new home with love and caring AV.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What a story this was!!! Thank you so, so, so very much for what you have done @rockybird :heart::heart::heart: you and Ginger saved this poor baby:heart: I am so glad this has a happy ending!!:bliss:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

We move mountains when we need to :)

So happy to hear he landed in the best possible place!