• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

what color is it suppose to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRosaliex

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
I have a 3 month old green cheek conure and I recently changed him to roudy bush pellets and vegetables and he has been having bubbles in his feces and sometimes the feces part is a rust color and before when he was on seeds it was a green color and most of the time it still is a green color... ( he hasnt been lethargic or anything he is quite the opposite he has a lot of energy)

Last edited:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
What they eat affects theyre poop, the color is probably from the pellets....dont know about the bubbles though. Someone with more expertise will be here soon!

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Bubbly poops can indicate clostridium bacteria. I would see the vet. Clostridium can be treated. Generally the stool is cultured for sensitivity which determines which antibiotic is used. The sooner you do this the less expensive treatment will be. In the early stages it generally take a course of 2 of antibiotics. If you leave it, your bird can get quite ill and it can even be fatal.

Best case scenario, cultures are negative and it is just something you are feeding that is causing gas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.