• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What can you say about this bird?

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If someone is willing to bring him in, even temporarily, perhaps the members of AA could come together to assist with getting him from point A to B. He has no voice, so the fact that @rockybird is here speaking up for him makes me believe that we could somehow gather up the troops and make something great happen for him. That's what rescue work is all about! :heart: Shall we move mountains together?

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
If someone is willing to bring him in, even temporarily, perhaps the members of AA could come together to assist with getting him from point A to B. He has no voice, so the fact that @rockybird is here speaking up for him makes me believe that we could somehow gather up the troops and make something great happen for him. That's what rescue work is all about! :heart: Shall we move mountains together?
:heart::heart::heart:

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
Well, the first thing that has to be addressed is the $1200 they are asking for him. That seems like a steep asking price for a bird who is obviously in trouble. If that could be lowered, I myself would be willing to contribute to a fund to allow someone to go get him. No problem with that. Anything to help a parrot in trouble.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Well, the first thing that has to be addressed is the $1200 they are asking for him. That seems like a steep asking price for a bird who is obviously in trouble. If that could be lowered, I myself would be willing to contribute to a fund to allow someone to go get him. No problem with that. Anything to help a parrot in trouble.
Me too, I can’t Offer a lot but I would defiantly be willing to help this poor baby:heart:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am a poor senior but my heart is in this effort. I will give a small bit and if we all give a small bit it may work. Is there a possibility of a Go Fund Me page after we let the person who is advertising this bird knows we are doing this?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Where is the bird located? Where is he advertised - Craig's List?
Who would get him if a group pays for him?
He is a beauty and looks like he has some health problems - maybe just nutrition and maybe more serious. How would vet bills be taken care of?

Lots of things to consider.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha
Poor baby. Someone, please help this innocent little guy <3

$1,200 seems too much for an untamed DYH, maybe the guy selling him would consider lower?

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
So sorry! I didnt have any alerts so assumed the thread had died. You guys are the best! I offered $500 yesterday. He texted back 1k. Should I try a gofundme account? I just dont know that we can make the extra $500 up. He will also need to see the vet. I have a large cage at home that he could stay in, I just dont think I will be able to take another bird permanently.

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@iamwhoiam I think the rescue is full. I also think they take primarily smaller birds. I asked about two small conures I found, and they couldnt take them until Oct.

@Nikomania thanks but unless the offer is close to 1k, I doubt he will consider it. :(

@MahaSarah The ad says he is 8 years old and a male. I did not ask those questions as I just wanted to see if he would take the offer. I knew it was low, and if I bombarded him with questions, I figured he would not respond. I have had that happen before. :(

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Why is an eight year old untamed bird so expensive? It couldn't be because of that snazzy cage he lives in. :(Maybe you can talk them down.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Here is something else to think about you guys... an awful thought, and something I had never thought of until I saw it on social media on a bird group. Extortion. And even if we were able to raise the way high price with us contributing, and all the vet bills too as @Hankmacaw noted, how could we keep it secret? I ask this because the way the extortion gimmick worked (or not) for the woman on Facebook is - she showed a photo of multiple budgies, and stated in the ad if someone did not pay $20. per piece for each of them by X date, etc., she would release them to the wild. What I saw was screen shots, so I didn't read all the details. But someone could note that if they ask a high price, and note which of our members lived in certain locales, imagine the extortion racket they could pull off to get us to rescue that bird - it sickens me to think people would do this, and I don't know how people could stop it! Someone commented that someone should get the budgies and pay the woman fake money... next someone said yeah, you could go to jail for fraud that way! Mercy! What a dilemma.