• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What are your bird's favorite toys?

Kestrel

Strolling the yard
I was just curious what kinds of toys your bird likes the best? Please, if possible, post pics and what kind of bird you have too! :laugh:

I have a cockatiel and her favorite toy hands down is this one by bonka bird. I ordered it from amazon.
20190501_220226.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Weelasmaree

Strolling the yard
My lil tiel, Ponyo, loves this square box. She's clearly due for a new one!
image1.jpeg
And Gromit loves this one, although he isn't as into his toys as Ponyo is. He prefers objects he shouldn't be touching. :laugh:
IMG_9962.jpg

You got any good recommendations for tiel toys, @Kestrel?

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Oh I don't have a video of my boys doing this, but they really enjoy destroying broccoli and cauliflower. They also eat parts of it; they love the stem too.

I use a bird safe clothes pegs and I clip some on the the cage like this cute budgie video. :) Fun to eat and play with!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Ripley loves anything balsa. Doesn't matter how it is presented. He will demolish it lol

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My Linnie Gigi's favorite toys are made of sola (Super Bird Creations makes 2), it's a soft wood she can destroy. She likes to bite leather and ring bells. She also likes long toys that she can manipulate, like drape over a perch.

Kestrel

Strolling the yard
And Gromit loves this one, although he isn't as into his toys as Ponyo is. He prefers objects he shouldn't be touching. :laugh:
View attachment 305217

You got any good recommendations for tiel toys, @Kestrel?
Right!?! How do they seem to just know what you don't want them into and they go straight for that? :roflmao: my tiel Ayrendi finds things I didn't even realize I had out LOL

I'm relatively new to cockatiel owning, so I don't have much in the way of recommendations other than the bonka bird toy I posted a pic of. I'll try to find the link for it and post it here in a bit. But, I can tell you this; inside the cage Ayrendi's fav toy is that bonka one but OUTSIDE the cage its glasses LOL. She just LOVES glasses. We actually took some of those disposable 3D movie glasses, removed the lenses, and have been letting her play with them when she's out with us. She pulls and carries them around the room constantly.

@fashionfobie I also took a slice of a broccoli stem just yesterday and put that out and she had a blast eating and chewing that up. I love what it's the simple things!

Thank you everyone for posting! I'm going to need to pick up a few more toys soon and now I have some great ideas :D