• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What age should i give my lovebird adult food :)

Johann Guy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Johann Mark Guy
hey guys its me and coco again :) i was wondering at what age i should give him adult food or water to drink by himself at the moment im hand feeding him thanks in advance :)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How old is he? Is he weaning? Soft, fun foods are best,,,yes,,,you must play and pretend to eat it yourself to get him interested. Weigh him daily early in the morning before eating and record his weight, so you can tell if he's getting enough. Millet is a good weaning food, but early on get him interested in healthy stuff too. Softened pellets, oatmeal, scramble eggs , broccoli florets, parsley, cooked pasta,,,you get the idea.

Johann Guy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Johann Mark Guy
He is maybe 6 to 7 weeks old and he still eats off hand but i dont know the process of moving him onto harder adult food , and i dont know what is the process of weaning either

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bump4:

fidsmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Try giving him pellets ( crumbles) to see if hes interested in eating them, He will let you know, when hes ready not to eat anymore formula . You can also try millet on him, and try cheerios( just a few) for him to get used to eating a harder food.