• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What About Foraging Toys?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Rupert likes groovy blocks. They don't last super long (some last a couple of weeks and others he destroys much sooner). I stuff treats in the grooves and in the top and bottom. Lately I've been shoving a snappy wooden bead in the end and he likes destroying that as well.

I love these big blocks from CABirdNerds:
4" Notched Pine Block

They're similar to the groovy blocks, but Rupert can't pick these up and carry them. They take much longer to destroy. Fun to chew on.

I still have the pine stegosaurus from LilMonsters and that's a refillable forager.

pawprintedheart

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
@Farlie @DoubleTake I will say my GCC's LOVE that one. I have a little beaks, so I've put beads in it as well (the thought was to up the difficultly level a bit), but they enjoy emptying it just for the sake of emptying it as well. I love that it's served as a foraging toy as well as just plain entertainment for them.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh, I like that, Brian. What's it called? Gotta link?
So cute! I have one of those for my birds and they love it!

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I am not familiar with either toy. I'll google them.
Thanks, Shezbug

Does anybody use one of these? I really like the SS cage mount and tray underneath it.
Amazon.com : Creative Foraging Systems+E487 CFS Cage Mount Buffet with 3 Fillable Ball Pet Feeder : Pet Bird Feeders : Pet Supplies
Holy smokes! I just received this thing yesterday and it is huge. I didn't think it was that big and built like a Sherman tank. It's more for an African Gray and Amazon size birds.
We're still going to try it out tho.

Last edited:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Holy smokes! I just received this thing yesterday and it is huge. I didn't think it was that big.
:lol: They are large. My guys didn't like the little plate/mess catcher, so I put the ball up on a regular skewer and used it that way.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Well, Farlie doesn't really care for it. Too difficult to get to. I've put some of his favorite food in it but he can't seem to get at it. Possibly poorly designed IMHO.