• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What a difference a bath makes!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Lurch used to get really scruffy looking with worn feathers and all that. Yep, a good shower and even the dark edges mostly cleaned up and he looked so bright and colorful afterwards and always seemed to enjoy being all sparkling clean and handsome.
Dobby seems to stay much nicer, maybe he's more particular or careful not to damage his feathers but he still looks better after a good shower whether he wanted one or not.
She's a new bird and I bet she's proud of herself now and greatful to be all pretty again.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Wow, she looks so beautiful! I'm really glad you posted this because I was actually going to suggest a before and after pic when I saw the pic of her all wet enjoying her spray bath yesterday. I'm so thankful you took her in to your loving home :heart:

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Wow, she looks so beautiful! I'm really glad you posted this because I was actually going to suggest a before and after pic when I saw the pic of her all wet enjoying her spray bath yesterday. I'm so thankful you took her in to your loving home :heart:
I just can't believe what a dream she is! She is so hands on and well behaved. I know she will slowly get more comfortable and that might change, and spring might be another story, but I can't see any agression at this point. She sat on the arm of the couch tonight and held my hand, poor thing ❤

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Awww, how sweet she held your hands! Looks gorgeous!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
She looks amazing!!! :heart: She sounds like a doll. I'm no Amazon expert but I think that may be her true personality. I know it's still just the beginning. Things can always change of course. But someone post here Amazon tend to be more up front with their body language than other birds. My sense is the sweet ones tend to stay sweet. Its good your prepared for changes and only time will tale. Again I'm no expert But I just have a good feeling about you two :heart:

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
:omg: What a big change!! I'm sure she appreciates being clean again! She seriously looks like she just had a deep clean!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Of course the lighting is different in the two shots but her feathers, that looked seriously scruffy, all zipped up and fell in place after her shower and a good preening session, and her head (which I thought was a bit bald) just needed the pin feathers to come out.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Amazing! :)

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wouldn't worry about spring too much. If she is in fact a she, spring will probably not change her very much. Spring is my favorite time with my female amazons because they go from mostly hands off to being almost cockatoo-like. Male amazons are another story.

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
She is beautiful :)