1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What a difference a bath makes!

Discussion in 'Amazon Avenue' started by Lwalker, 10/11/17.

1. Lwalker

Lwalker Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Lori
    Before
    rps20171011_183803_132.jpg

After
    rps20171011_183859_108.jpg

:bathtime::bathtime::bathtime:

2. Wthensler

Wthensler Walking the driveway Avenue Veteran

William hensler
    Are you sure she didn't go through a car wash?

3. Lwalker

Lori
    :coffeescreen:

Familyof12 and Animallover03 like this.
  4. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Sandra
    Hey, you know, you get to wash your hair properly, put rinse in it, rinse your hair a couple of times and then fluff or air dry. :highfive: Comes out perfeather every time! :heart::heart::heart:

5. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    That is an amazing change!

faislaq, Familyof12 and Lwalker like this.
  6. Dartman

Dartman Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS

Terry
    Lurch used to get really scruffy looking with worn feathers and all that. Yep, a good shower and even the dark edges mostly cleaned up and he looked so bright and colorful afterwards and always seemed to enjoy being all sparkling clean and handsome.
    Dobby seems to stay much nicer, maybe he's more particular or careful not to damage his feathers but he still looks better after a good shower whether he wanted one or not.
    She's a new bird and I bet she's proud of herself now and greatful to be all pretty again.

7. CrazyBirdChick

CrazyBirdChick Rollerblading along the road

Diane
    Wow, she looks so beautiful! I'm really glad you posted this because I was actually going to suggest a before and after pic when I saw the pic of her all wet enjoying her spray bath yesterday. I'm so thankful you took her in to your loving home :heart:

faislaq, Clueless, Familyof12 and 2 others like this.
  8. Lwalker

Lori
    I just can't believe what a dream she is! She is so hands on and well behaved. I know she will slowly get more comfortable and that might change, and spring might be another story, but I can't see any agression at this point. She sat on the arm of the couch tonight and held my hand, poor thing ❤

DQTimnehs, faislaq, Clueless and 3 others like this.
  9. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    Awww, how sweet she held your hands! Looks gorgeous!

Dartman, Familyof12 and Lwalker like this.
  10. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting!

Sarah
    She looks amazing!!! :heart: She sounds like a doll. I'm no Amazon expert but I think that may be her true personality. I know it's still just the beginning. Things can always change of course. But someone post here Amazon tend to be more up front with their body language than other birds. My sense is the sweet ones tend to stay sweet. Its good your prepared for changes and only time will tale. Again I'm no expert But I just have a good feeling about you two :heart:

Dartman, Clueless and Lwalker like this.
  11. cosmolove

cosmolove Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Erica (:
    :omg: What a big change!! I'm sure she appreciates being clean again! She seriously looks like she just had a deep clean!

Lwalker likes this.
  12. Lwalker

Lori
    Of course the lighting is different in the two shots but her feathers, that looked seriously scruffy, all zipped up and fell in place after her shower and a good preening session, and her head (which I thought was a bit bald) just needed the pin feathers to come out.

faislaq, Sarahmoluccan and SandraK like this.
  13. DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs! Administrator Auction Director Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jennifer
    Amazing! :)

SandraK likes this.
  14. melissasparrots

melissasparrots Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I wouldn't worry about spring too much. If she is in fact a she, spring will probably not change her very much. Spring is my favorite time with my female amazons because they go from mostly hands off to being almost cockatoo-like. Male amazons are another story.

Clueless, Sarahmoluccan and SandraK like this.
  15. txdyna65

txdyna65 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue

Kenny
    She is beautiful :)

SandraK likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)