1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Wet sneeze??

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by mira3321, 9/25/18.

1. mira3321

mira3321 Moving in

Mira Blomerus
    My quaker just sneezed on me and it was wet and i went to check her nostrils and they were a bit wet from the sneeze, but there was nothing else wrong there except she kept flinching real bad when i checked her right nostril, even though it looked normal. Is this normal or should i be worried?

2. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    You should get her to the vet very soon. If she is flinching when you touch one nostril it very well may have an infection or something stuck up in the nostril. A wet sneeze is never a good thing and can be an indication of disease.

Please get your bird to the vet.

Sarahmoluccan and sunnysmom like this.
  3. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    Yes, although dry sneezes are normal, wet sneezes can be a sign of illness. A vet check is always the safest thing to do.

Hankmacaw and Sarahmoluccan like this.
  4. mira3321

mira3321 Moving in

Mira Blomerus
    Alright, i'll get her to the vet as soon as possible.

sunnysmom and Tiel Feathers like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)