• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

were should i put the cage?

Birdy bunch

Strolling the yard
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Hattie
I'm getting a bird (my very first) and done tons of research but still have no idea were to put the cage!
is it ok for me to put it near a window?
its it if the mirror is in sight but cant see its self?

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Put the cage in a place where there are no drafts. It can be next to a window as long as the window is safe and the room is warm. Try to put it in an area without high traffic so it is his/her safe space.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Yes Liz is spot on:) Make sure that if you place the cage near a window, he can still have a protected spot out of the view of the window. If there are big birds flying in front of the window, it might stress him out a lot if he can’t get away from them:)

Birdy bunch

Strolling the yard
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Hattie
ok i thing i may just move the drawer i have a little to the left because my back yard is a forest and there are all sots of big birds such as red tailed hawks, and vultures (there was a bald eagle that lived there but... RIP mr. america) and yes we have named all of the birds out side (the ones that have special character! like a small black capped chickidy, he does not realize there is such thing as glass and every day.... BANG......BANG and we know hes fine because we have stayed still and watched for anything out of the ordinary, hes just not the brightest bulb in the box...)

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I think he Will love seeing the forest outside! My fids do anyway, there are a lot fich species that roost in a tree in front of our window, they love watching them. There are also big flocks of jackdaws, they like them too but they are a tad scared of the big seagulls that fly by.