• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Went to Petsmart today...

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
:D No... I did not come home with a new bird. BUT! They had a Canary Winged Bee Bee that was pretty darn cute. AND! Half price.....which would make it 175.00. NO!!! I am not even slightly entertaining another bird. They told me the price was lowered because it had aggressive behavior. Smack dab on the glass was written " Half price... needs a good home". Gee, I wish I could but I can't. I tried to pry any information out as far as age, if it was banded but it seems they didn't know much other than it has been there for a couple of months. The young girl employee told me she didn't know it was aggressive ( but a guy that worked there said it was) ...she had her hand in there earlier to give it food. I asked, did it try to bite you? No... Me: "Well, he's probably aggressive because he's in a tiny compartment, he needs someone to work with him and his food is crappy." :smuggrin:

Anyhoo... just in case someone out there is looking for a feathered friend.... one cute little Bee Bee parrot needs a home. Wish I had an Iphone to take a photo.... just a flip phone for this old lady.

Myrtle Beach Pet Smart.... just so you know where to go....:laughing12:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh.. forgot to mention.. the budgies were super cute. I always have to spend a few minutes watching them. One little cutie was hopping around the enclosure like a tiny caique. SO CUTE!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
poor little guy!

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
Gah So tempting...
That would be a bit of a drive though but they are so darned hard to FIND!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Gah So tempting...
That would be a bit of a drive though but they are so darned hard to FIND!
Yeah.. that would be a long drive for you. It was a nice looking bird and caught my eye because I know you don't see them often. Especially for a store like petsmart. I went in there to get something for my dogs but always have to take a look at the birds. I love watching the budgies... they are so comical! I should have asked them to take it out just to see how it reacted but I knew I wasn't going to buy it so it would have been a waste of their time. It did seem very calm sitting on it's perch but then, they keep them in those small glass enclosures so they don't have much room to move around. Too bad I don't have a smart phone or I would have taken a picture and posted that too. I felt sorry for it being there. I hope it finds a home with someone who will work with it.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I saw one for sale at Petsmart several months ago. Was surprised to see him/her because I generally just see budgies, 'tiels, finches, canaries and conures. That was the first time I ever saw a Bee Bee at PS.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I saw one for sale at Petsmart several months ago. Was surprised to see him/her because I generally just see budgies, 'tiels, finches, canaries and conures. That was the first time I ever saw a Bee Bee at PS.
They are a lovely shade of green!

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
I wish I could.
But the funds for another cwp aren't in the works till I have a job.

I can afford two birds .. Not three.
I'm not exactly living in my own home here.
But...soon.
Soon.