• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well Tinker is home. (Sad update post #865)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
It was a nice afternoon again so Tinker soaked up some sun today.
Here he is on his bong, you can see he has a oops but a great recovery. Then he realized I had my phone pointing his way LOL.

:lol: he's too cute!! :heart:

NirAntae

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jennie
It was a nice afternoon again so Tinker soaked up some sun today.
Here he is on his bong, you can see he has a oops but a great recovery. Then he realized I had my phone pointing his way LOL.

"Whaddya mean, what am I doing, dad? I am playing, obviously!"

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
The way he hang of that toy for a sec, like o what now:D

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
Well what a week. Tinker is 5 months old October the 3rd and getting more curious around his environment every day. He love walking around on the floor which makes it a dangerous place for him when you don't know where he is. I nearly stepped on him today but it was a side glance and he squawked as my foot glanced of him. I told him he has to be noisy when on the floor. Oh well. I guess it's up to me to look out for him.

I tried to video him laying on his back playing today on his day stand but as soon as he saw my phone he stopped and wanted the phone, so I had to zoom in from across the room. I hope it's a clear video.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
He is very cute and he sure loves to play! :D

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
He is very cute and he sure loves to play! :D
We spent the day at home and he loved the attention. He will dive at my hand and beak it when I have his toys but never bites hard and carries on like a mad fool. We are really having fun with him. He also seems to know that when we put him into his cage it's ok because we will be back to play.
He must trust me 100% because he doesn't beak me hard no matter how I pick him up and turn him around to check him out. Teresa picks him up and lifts him high in the air with his feet up and he loves that. An all round crazy CAG.
LOVE IT!

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
756812423_20181005224212303.jpg

Hi, @BertAllen, I have enjoyed all your posts! What a wondeful relationship you and Tinker are building! Your Tinker and my TD (Terrance Dactyl) are almost Hatchday twins! TD was hatched on May 1, 2017! I took custody of him when he was 19 days old. He had been very badly abused. To top it off, my guy and I had just decided to try being full time rv'er's so he was raised for the first year in a 30 year old, 26' motor home with two people and two dogs! Like you said of Tinker, my TD's nothing if not a trooper. We have a 33' RV now and just drove 2,600 miles across the country from California to North Carolina. We've decided to buy some property here and settle down (we are too old to travel constantly). We will keep the RV though and continue having adventures with TD, the Travelling Tiel! Please keep posting your stories and pictures! Maybe I will get a Grey someday...

Here's a collage of my sweetie, tweety, TD Birdy!
FB_IMG_1538572660557.jpg

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
What a little monkey! You've certainly got your hands full with that one! :lol:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
What a little monkey! You've certainly got your hands full with that one! :lol:
Oh for sure. He has it all figured out now when bed time means cage time. Around 8:30 pm is when I add new pellets and water to the cage dishes then go get him to step up and to bed he goes. The last three days he flies away and I can't even coach him with sun flower seeds. LOL So tonight I did it all around supper time since he is out and about. Well no way that didn't work he flew away from me at around 8:30 pm.
I do not remember ever saying it's bed time or teaching him to read a clock.

I degress he is smarter than me. :)

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Friends share and eat food together.
Probably TD's most cherished thing...when I prepare food for all and we eat at the same time. If I am making anything and he sees me get his "special dinner" bowl out, OMG! You've never seen a birdy side step back and forth from one end of his long perch to the other end so fast. He's like the Flash from the old comic books! Absolutely puts him in a super euphoric state if George and the "woof-woofs" are eating at the same time, too. Makes sense as they do flock together to forage for food in the wild. Of course he has to be in his cage if his fur covered brothers are eating with us! It's usually just he and I if he's out of cage. Drawback of RV living...no bird room.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
The last few days I have been taking his bulk barn parrot food that is left over at the end of the day and pouring it out on a sheet of newspaper. I do this to sort through and get rid of the cracked grains etc. Tinker now comes over and follows my fingers and chomps down on the seeds and pellets he missed during the day. I think he is enjoying this little bit of foraging as he eats up well.

When he has had enough he flies over to his day stand and chomps down on the pellets he's ignored all evening.

The left overs go into a container and I eventually put them into the wild bird feeders in the back yard. Blue Jays and Finches clean them right up. No waste here.

What can't be saved goes into the compost containers beside my veggie garden. Last year I got 6 big wheel barrows full of good soil for the flower beds. I'm thinking I will get much more next year with all the news paper etc. that Tinker produces. :)

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love any time I can recycle anything. So cute that you and Tinker are doing it together. I've got a visual of that, lol. I always gave my picked over parrot food to the outside birds too! And I always gathered my bunny poop pellets and added them to the garden.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Haha :laugh: that's adorable!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh, he was trying so hard to get it! So sweet!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
He is trying to kill it! He looks like Akela when she sees my new camera. :backout:
The best part is when he is begging you to help him in the end of the last video. :D
And you know that is suppose to be something on a skewer? :D
I so understand you Tinker throwing it on the floor. Good boy! LoL!

The left overs go into a container and I eventually put them into the wild bird feeders in the back yard. Blue Jays and Finches clean them right up. No waste here.
The same here. I always say that I have the worlds most healthiest wild pigeons, because they get sprouted seed and pellets every day.