• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well Tinker is home. (Sad update post #865)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Tinker is a good boy! ♥
Today I darkened the room, picked him up and he said Whooo, Whooo and seemed to enjoy the ride back to his house.
I was waiting for that, and that is so funny. :rofl:

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
I can't believe it is a year and two days since I put up my first post in, Tinker is home!
I would like to thank everyone of the AA members who have help us on this journey. It truly has been frustrating and fun all at the same time. I'm sure it not over yet as Tinker is always testing me out. He is much more friendly with Teresa now and sits with her every evening but will not come to me like that at all. But that's ok as he really doesn't bite me anymore since I have learned his triggers.
I'm the slave to a gray bird I guess.

Thank You all for everything. More fun to come down the road I'm sure.

Oh Tinker is outside right now conversing with a Cardinal.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
And thank you for sharing this year. ♥
He is much more friendly with Teresa now and sits with her every evening but will not come to me like that at all.
You know that to have two is awesome. :D

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
So today was one of the most fabulous summer days this year. Temp was in the mid 70s with no humidity to make things uncomfortable.
Tinker flew out the door into his aviary at 9am so I filled his dishes and closed the hatch. He talked and screeched having a great time. Chatted with the local Cardinal as well.
At 6pm I opened the hatch and he just looked at me as if I was crazy. It's a great day out here. Normally he would come right in and fly around like a fool then settle down to talk up a storm on the fridge.
He finally came in at 7pm but I had to offer a slice of fresh corn on the cob.
That was 10 hour out in the fresh air.

Here he is just ignoring me.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a lucky bird to have such a nice aviary and get a chance to spend many hours outdoor in beautiful weather.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Tinker normally doesn't like apples. I had this old world apple given to me for Teresa to ID since she grew up on a farm with 100+ acres of old apple trees. It has grown in a fence line near us and I know for a fact it has been there since the 60s and never bee pruned so it's a wild looking thing. I hang with the now owner and he never harvests them as the flesh is kind of soft but it tastes ok.
She said it's nothing she has ever seen before and took a bite out of it and said it's only good for baking or pies.

Anyway I don't like apples so I put it on the table to see if Tinker would try it.

LOL he sure surprised us.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Interesting thing happened today.
A friend of mine is quite ill and was taken to the hospital today by ambulance. They had to force the screen door back as the gurney was wide and Judy his wife couldn't close it and being quite windy she called and asked me if I could look at it as she had to go to the hospital. This was just at the time I would let tinker out for the evening.

Teresa said go quick and she would let him out and give him his favorite nutty birdy bread.

She tells me Tinker came out and sat on his feeding station calling for David repeatedly and not eating. She eventually told him Davids gone to work, (this is what I tell him when I have to leave and he is in his cage). She said he stopped calling right away and ate his supper treat.

This from a bird who won't let me near him most of the time in case I might put him in his cage,

Go figure!

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I thought Tinker was a hand raised baby? My grey constantly surprises me. Now when I lean over to clean out his cage he pecks me on the head, hard!

I will say they are amazing companions and sure keep us our toes.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
I just got a notice from U-Tube about the video in post #542.

"Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked in some countries. This means that your video is still up on YouTube, but people in some countries may not be able to watch it.

Video title: 20190714 090828
Copyrighted content: What I Like About You The Romantics"

The music is playing on the radio for Tinker LOL

It appears it still works when I checked it just now but might not for others.

Last edited:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Video title: 20190714 090828
Copyrighted content: What I Like About You The Romantics"

The music is playing on the radio for Tinker LOL
Ridiculous! It's not like you have added a song to the video.

For some years ago they contacted me about the same thing.
And I answered them that I thought it was strange that someone else then me has © to my music. They did open up the video again, but no apologize..

Your video is no longer available in my country..

LOL he sure surprised us.
I think he wanted the juice and acid in that apple. Have you consider making juice of that apple?
You can store it in the freezer.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
I think he wanted the juice and acid in that apple. Have you consider making juice of that apple?
You can store it in the freezer.
No I haven't. Don't even know how to do it anyway. I would want to pasteurize if I did.
I got very ill drinking unpasteurized apple juice when I was a kid.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Ridiculous! It's not like you have added a song to the video.
I sent in a dispute and told them it was on the local FM station and the video was for a parrot site. I did make it private so maybe they will open it up to you. They have 30 days to reply. Not sure what happens then.

I might just edit it with no audio and re-post if they don't release it. They had a whole list of countries listed and Denmark is one, the rest are African, Arabia etc. but not the US or Canada that I could see. Can't do a copy and past either.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
You don't need to pasteurize it if you store it in the freezer.
When you make your own juice with a juicer the juice is only fresh for some hrs.
Apple juice are very sensitive. I freeze mine straight away.

Most I make carrot juice, because I want them to have enough vit A.
I freeze them in ice cubs or in smaller mugs. (that contain 1 dl)

I have a juicer like this: (cheap one, but works great)

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
You can dry them in the owen too, but as I don't think we should use more power then really necessary, I dry mine on my oil radiators.
I have made a box with net for that.
I dry both melon and pumpkin seeds. :)

So true! :lol: