• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well Tinker is home. (Sad update post #865)

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
I didn't know they got freaked out over a bell. Did you remove it from his sight completely?
It is in my tool box now. Seems he has forgotten about it.
I'll know better tomorrow since Teresa put him to bed.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I hope there won't be a next time!!

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
I hope there won't be a next time!!
Oh yeah so do I.
Before this bell, him and I were doing so well. He was fun to have around flying and playing. These flying attacks are no fun at all.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
My legal name is Teresa, and I spell it the same way with no h, don't see many woman spell it that way. To funny, Tinker the Stinker.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I have a question, what makes parrot's flip out on something like that? I"m sure it's an individual reaction, was he in love with the bell an protecting you from it? Or is it just one of life's mysteries?

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
I have a question, what makes parrot's flip out on something like that? I"m sure it's an individual reaction, was he in love with the bell an protecting you from it? Or is it just one of life's mysteries?
I think he took possession of the bell and he was keeping me away from it. I couldn't get near the cage at all.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could be that he considers it His bell and he doesn't want you to have anything to do with it. When I ring Keno's bell she runs over and tries to get me. She does not like me ringing her bell. That's her job and I do not have her permission to do that. :D

Last edited:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Well today started out just fine. He stepped up this morning to come out of his cage did a fly around and has his breakfast. Back to normal all day.

:bliss::bliss:
One of the reasons I love parrots. Once you have found the thing that bother them, problem is solved.
They live here and now and never in that past. :)

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Too funny, not familiar with the cartoon.

Paco too has learned a new sound. We have a dog that has a certain yip when he wants to be let in the house.

Yep you guessed it, Paco now imitates him. I guess the microwave beep will be next LOL.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Too funny, not familiar with the cartoon
Neither am I but he made this chicken like sound and Teresa said that was Chickoletta on the cartoons I put on when I leave the house and he is in his cage. She just leaves it running because when she is working in the back office he can't be out. I will have to watch it someday. Not likely will though LOL.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
A few minutes ago Tinker made this chirping sound while in his cage. He is down for the night and the tv volume is down low like Teresa wants it. I though wow that sounds like my Zon Gus when he got spooked at night and I immediately spoke to him telling him it's ok. I went straight to his cage and put my hand in and he put his face into the palm of my hand. I gave him a little neck scrub and reassured him Dad was there and it was ok. He settled down and is now resting quietly after having a little snack from his dish.
I sure hope this was a one time deal.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:smileflower: That is so sweet

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Well today was a crazy day all round. Routines got blown out the door.
From day one I have always picked up Tinker to put him into his cage and had him step up to come out. But he has made me either chase him or turn out the lights to be able to get him.
I stopped the chase and if I can't pick him up on the first try I darken the room.
Teresa just picks him up and he chatters at her and has nipped her but he bites me sometimes. When she does it she swings him side to side and says "Whooo Whooo" and in his cage he goes. We always make sure his dish is full of good food and special treats before hand.

Today I darkened the room, picked him up and he said Whooo, Whooo and seemed to enjoy the ride back to his house. No nips at all.

I think he is getting it.