• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well Tinker is home. (Sad update post #865)

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
Tinker is such a beautiful boy. I’m glad he’s finally starting to take more time to socialize. I think it’s the one thing I truly cherish about Sif-the fact she wants to be held and cuddled all the time. It never gets old. :heart:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Tinker got his Easter egg today. I mixed some ground red pepper seeds in to it and microwaved it for 50 seconds. I gave him half and it lasted all of 30 seconds. :)
He then attacked my phone.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Hey, Dad made this for ME! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Speaking of surgery it looks like my left shoulder didn't repair as well as we hoped. I cannot lift my arm at all. They want me to get a Cat-scan so they can see the bone structure and if my physio doesn't work we will be looking at a reverse shoulder joint replacement.
Tinker will surely take advantage of this and bond even more with Teresa.

Life sucks big time right now. My shooting competitions (PPC and IPSC) are finished and I doubt I will ever get the edge back. Fishing is out of the question as well.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm truly sorry to hear about your shoulder surgery results. I've had both knees replaced which minimized the pain but means I can't kneel. No more gardening for me since I've also have ankylosing spondylitis (inflammatory arthritis of the spine).:yoda:

The bummer is that one works most of one's life thinking about retiring and being able to work on our hobbies. Only to find that for health reasons, all those things we'd like to do are now out of reach. :bash:

Hopefully, your shoulder problems can be resolved so that you can go back:fishin: to doing the things you love. :sadhug2:

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
So sorry about your shoulder, I know how you feel, I have low platelets and for 3 months I have been getting various treatments but none have worked. Thankfully a lady from the vets office will be doing the monthly cleaning of Valentines cage for a bit. I also have a picc line until May 1, they are a pain, it really restricts the things you do.

Kodigirl210

:heart: Just because Tinker is taking advantage of your infirmity to grab your wife, don’t worry.:cool: :eek: I’m pretty sure they aren’t plotting some evil behind your back.;)
Just enjoy the downtime for a little bit.

Besides truly if it isn’t working properly you don’t want to strain and stress the muscle around your shoulder. It seems the surgery would to replace will be much more invasive and complicated.

I hope that things work out better than expected in the long run. :D

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Life sucks big time right now. My shooting competitions (PPC and IPSC) are finished and I doubt I will ever get the edge back. Fishing is out of the question as well.
Don't throw in the towel yet. You don't know what happen.
When I broke my back and 3 ribs last year I never thought that I was gonna run again, and here I am, back to 99%.
I guess that part of it was that a life without running was out of the question so I struggle really hard to get back.
Try to stay positive, it will help you heal faster. I will be sending you a lot of positive and healing thoughts. :bighug:

I also compete in shooting competitions. (Precision, Fast shooting, National full game and Run and shoot.)

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Try to stay positive, it will help you heal faster. I will be sending you a lot of positive and healing thoughts. :bighug:
Thank You for the encouragement. I plan on fighting this as I am not ready to sit back and vegetate till I die.
I don't think the physio will improve anything other than strengthen the muscles and that will be a bonus.
The joint replacement will probably done withing the next 12 weeks and there goes the summer and my garden. I will arrange for some one to cut the grass, etc,etc,.

Teresa will have enough to do. I am a very lucky man to have such a wonderful wife as my best friend.
Tinker appreciates her as well.

Dam opening day for trout was this weekend and it is only the second time in over 50 years I missed the day. Surgery on the right shoulder last year and again this year.

Getting old sucks big time IMO.

WHY do I feel like I'm only 20 years old? :)

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
OH remember that paving slab I drilled holes in to see if it would help take the pin pointed talons down and that super pointed upper beak?

Well it is working perfectly actually so good that I have now started to only put his treats in it every three days.
Finally no blood letting when he lands on my hand or decides to give me a jab.

Kodigirl210

Due to the missing toes and the malformed ones, I can’t ever use any kind of abrasive near Sif’s feet.:eek: They just end up rubbing her feet raw because she doesn’t sit normally. Besides I’m perfectly okay taking Sif into the vet and they all enjoy seeing her.

Sif did go with me to the doctor’s on Friday again, however she was quite angry about the harness. :huh:I told her I didn’t care as she was nearly blind now and I can have her flying off in some random direction. The doctor/staff also loves seeing Sif.:xflove: Once she got it off in the car she was quite happy looking out the window though I’m not really quite sure what she sees as the cataract covers the left eye now.:facepalm:

I’m also very glad that you aren’t going to roll over into your grave lol.:faint: I’m sure Tink & Teresa are as well seeing as how much they have invested in you lol.:2cents: It also great to see everyone appreciated for their efforts. As for the garden there’s always next year. :fairy:As for the fishing-that just means other people might actually get to catch some this year :wacky: :dance5:
Best of luck for a surgery soon & quick recovery! :dance4:

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
WHY do I feel like I'm only 20 years old?
Because you are. You have young spirit and that's what counts. This will help you to overcome phisical problems. I will never forget two ladies I knew. Both were 65. One was a young lady, another was old. It was amazing to interact with them and see the differences in everything: in appearence, in energy level, in happiness. It was Mark Twain I suppose, who said: age is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.