• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well Tinker is home. (Sad update post #865)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I got a few Hemp seeds today at the bulk barn. How do you feed them?
Great! :)
As they are, sprouted or just soaked over night.
If you not are sure over their quality, pasteurize them first. And eat them yourself too, very healthy and taste good.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Surprised they recommend having "grit available at all time to help with digestion". They need to edit their label and remove that. I don't know whether or not that is applicable for chickens, ducks, geese, etc. but it is not applicable for our parrot friends.
$107...is that with or without shipping?

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
Great! :)
As they are, sprouted or just soaked over night.
If you not are sure over their quality, pasteurize them first. And eat them yourself too, very healthy and taste good.
These are human food grade so we are good there. I will try as they are and soaked tomorrow and see what he likes.

Kodigirl210

Haha that’s actually pretty cheap down here without the shipping fee. It works out to about $2.68/lb. I doubt I’d be able to put together something comparable nor could I buy it for less, but then that’s California. :shrug::cantsee:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
@Eloy
Well I soaked a teaspoon of Hemp seeds overnight.
He took one sniff and taste then wolfed them down like candy today.

He has also decided that my Black Walnuts are the best thing going now. He will follow me around if I have one in my hand.
Only have a few left so I hope my tree produces well this year. Last year it had none so it's due.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
ARGGGH!

The last two days my Gray Devil (that's his new name for now) has been doing biting fly byes and refuses to let me near him. I have a sore ear right now and Dads not a happy camper. Teresa managed to get him into his cage this morning after he was out for 3 hours so we can go out.

ARGGGH!

Kodigirl210

Sounds like Tinker is trying to re-establish the hierarchy now that you are out of your sling and nearly mended. Pushing the envelope like all little kids. :hehe:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Well he certainly pushed the envelope yesterday. I ended up closing all the blinds and curtains and turning off the lights after 12pm just to get near him to be able to pick him up to put in his cage.

We were then gone for over 8 hours.

When we got home I let him out and he seemed to be much better.
Today he was much better and interacted well with me and even asked for scratches several times.

He has such a crappy attitude some days. :pinklol2:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
This morning at 10 am Tinker followed a walnut into his cage. This was the second time ever as he usually just looks me in the eye and says, "What do you think I am stupid or something?"

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Well today was not a day he was going to go into his cage for a walnut. This guy learns real fast.
So for an hour I ignored him and he went into his cage for the celery greens I hung up.

I took two steps toward him from 20 feet away and he exploded out the door.
He settled on his day station and I picked him up and put him in so I could cook my lunch and go out.

I think I want my human kids back. MMMM second thoughts no, they cost me a fortune. LOL

Kodigirl210

Better not start adding up what you’re spending on him lol. You might find out that’s not exactly the truth. Just a lot more smaller bills instead of fewer large bills! :dead::blink:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
College and wedding = nice outside aviary???

:rofl:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
College and wedding = nice outside aviary???

:rofl:
That is my next problem, he won't go near his carrier now. Gives it the evil eye and growls at it even though it has been on the floor in plain sight all along.
Outdoor aviary is 10 feet from the door so I need the carrier since he has now decided to have hissy fits with his harness.