• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well Tinker is home. (Sad update post #865)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
It was great seeing/hearing you interact with him. Post more of those videos. :)

Tinker is one happy wet Grey. :D

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Good job Tinker.

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
So yesterday I had my daughter on the phone from Washington DC where she works. We were discussing how best to hang her bicycle hanger on the wall in her condo when Tinker started to push his toys off the center island. He likes the way they bounce and sound when they hit the floor.
After a minute or so he started to laugh every time.
Andrea says to me why is mom laughing so much, what is she doing.

It's not your mom I said it's Tinker imitating your mom's crazy laugh. She then started to laugh just like her mom.
I have crazy birds all around me now but I love it. :)

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
This is not a long video but you will see Tinker picking coloured plastic caps and just learning to jump off his training perch for a treat. If i put the camera any closer he won't leave it alone. I have some work to do with that. If you notice at the end he runs from me, that's because it about time to go back into his cage for the afternoon but today I stayed home and left him out till supper time.

The video was taken today so it looks like I have to reset the camera when I change the battery.

Last edited:

Kodigirl210

What an absolutely amazing job you are doing with Tinker! He seems to be extremely intelligent & happy. The only loser was the poor camera getting poked in the “eye”

Other than that well done Sir & Sir :dance4::laughing12:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
What an absolutely amazing job you are doing with Tinker! He seems to be extremely intelligent & happy. The only loser was the poor camera getting poked in the “eye”

Other than that well done Sir & Sir :dance4::laughing12:
Wow! I am absolutely impressed with Tinker! Look at him go! What a great trainer he has too!! :) Bravo!
Thank You both for the encouragement. I'm really enjoying this little monster now that he has stop trying to give me blood donations to the floor. :)

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Looking like we are doing a bit of molting these past 4 weeks. I try to spray him everyday and about twice a week he stays long enough for a good soaking. I saw a couple of new tail feathers about an inch long the last good spray down.

20190121_203628.jpg

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Well the joy of having a bird that imitates sounds. :cagrf:

I had a terrible cold in December that left me with a dry cough that the Doc said might last for weeks. So my cough is for the most part gone but Tinker now has my cough.

I now have to listen to a squeaky toy call that is followed by my cough and Teresa's crazy laugh.:lol:
Took me all morning to get this video without him trying to take the phone away from me.:faint:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Quaker JJ and gcc Beni can both laugh the way I do, which drives hubby Fred nuts. He starts laughing when he hears them and that makes them laugh more. It's harder to hear Beni as he has a very low gravelly voice. Sun Tikki is the "kill the camera" fid in my house - be it camera or cell phone. We call it the "unnecessary close-up" from Wayne's World.

Kodigirl210

Sif is getting very suspicious of the phone now. When I try to record her sounds she even more so than taking a pic lol. Don’t ask me how she knows the difference!

Tinker is a cutey:laughing12:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Tinker is also becoming wary of me now in the morning. He reads me better than I read him and it is becoming a real feat to put him in his cage. Once he is there all is fine and he plays and chatters away like crazy but getting him there..................

I have to figure out someway to make it fun to go back but I'm at a loss right now how to do that. He rarely goes into his cage on his own and when he does I don't want to shut the door on him.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Is there a really extra special treat or toy he likes that you can put in when he goes to bed? I know they're too smart for their own good and will figure out what is going on but … :shrug3: