• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well Tinker is home. (Sad update post #865)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Tinker is adorable.

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
The same here. I always say that I have the worlds most healthiest wild pigeons, because they get sprouted seed and pellets every day.
Yep same here as well as the Blue Jays and Doves. I put out UN-shelled peanuts for the blue Jays and they have to go inside a box to get them. Some take a few days but eventually learn how to do it thus reducing my free cash weekly. lol

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Ok Tinker got a one hour drive to the avian Vet today for a check up and his second nail clipping.
The Vet is quite happy with the diet we are giving him and he passed the physical exam with flying colours. They got a couple of good poop samples while we were there and I should know tomorrow if there is any issues with that.

Full blood work up with DNA is close to $1200. and I nearly choked on that. He has never been anywhere near other birds except his parents and time will tell me his sex. If there is any issue with the poop tests we will re-evaluate the blood test needs.

So after we got home he slept for about 30 minutes and is now back to his normal PITA self. :)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm glad you got him checked out and blood tests are invaluable, but boy that was high priced. For the same things without nail trim and DNA my vet would charge about $400.

He's still as cute as he was before the vet check.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
I'm glad you got him checked out and blood tests are invaluable, but boy that was high priced. For the same things without nail trim and DNA my vet would charge about $400.

He's still as cute as he was before the vet check.
If his stool sample comes back as a pass i will think about doing a blood test in 6 months when he is a year old. In the meantime we will continue to watch his weight etc.

He was sure ruffled up after the nail clipping but by the time we got home he had straightened out most of his feathers.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Ok how do you loose 2' of a red tail feather. LOL

I know he had a broken tail feather from one of his bad landings or getting jammed into some tighter space than he expected but it wasn't fully broken off and he didn't let me clip it. Today when he was preening I noticed it was gone.

So where did it go? That is the question. LOL
I have given up looking for it.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Well nothing unusual going on these last few days. Tinker is his usual PITA in the morning for two or three hours before he naps. His climbing is certainly improving as he hangs upside down now on almost anything that he can get onto.
Here he is climbing and playing with a small ball on his cage top.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
He is having fun! :D

I have wondered because I have had mostly babies and all went throw this stage. I think it is their way to create a good grip.
Therefor they fly a lot when they are really young = to create flying skills. They hang upside down a lot = to be great climbers.
All for survival. :)

I have given up looking for it.
In ten years when you decide to get a new bookshelf, you will found it! :D

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
I have wondered because I have had mostly babies and all went throw this stage. I think it is their way to create a good grip.
Therefor they fly a lot when they are really young = to create flying skills. They hang upside down a lot = to be great climbers.
All for survival. :)
True enough! He has learned how to hover for at least 30 seconds right in front of the back garden doors when I step out for a smoke on the deck. He can now turn on a dime and do full speed figure eights like a champ. He certainly is having fun as he screeches as he flies and carries on so.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:laugh: awesome!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I'd say he rather enjoyed it! :rofl: He's an expert carver.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Ok the other side of Mr Tinker the destroyer. Him and I had a bonding moment this afternoon and he fell asleep on my knee and I fell asleep with him. Cute eh! Well I woke up to a cracking sound and found this.

20181024_220026.jpg

Moral of the story, NEVER leave your laptop open when Tinker is around. LOL I knew better as well.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ok the other side of Mr Tinker the destroyer. Him and I had a bonding moment this afternoon and he fell asleep on my knee and I fell asleep with him. Cute eh! Well I woke up to a cracking sound and found this.

View attachment 288664

Moral of the story, NEVER leave your laptop open when Tinker is around. LOL I knew better as well.
Hehehehe that was a wise lesson!

Well Tinker took to his first pumpkin like a champ and carved curly hair into it. :)

View attachment 288660
How adorable is that!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Well Tinker took to his first pumpkin like a champ and carved curly hair into it. :)
He is so enjoying his first pumpkin. :D
I think that is one of the handsome real art I seen in ages.
I think you should place it outside with a sign that says:
Expensive Inartificial Grey Art!
This month for free. Just place a pumpkin outside the door and the next day you can have your own. Isn't that a offer you can't refuse?

Cute eh! Well I woke up to a cracking sound and found this
Always funny when it happens to someone else. :D:o: