• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well that backfired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy_Bird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lisa
A month or so ago, I decided that I will not take anymore foster dogs/birds and will not add to my flock until I get my son's health issue's under control.......yeah right! Since then I have added two dogs and a bird! The bird (a 10 year old senegal) was a rescue and in a bad situation and needed out. Of course I couldn't say no.

So, my son says to me WHY do you NEED 5 birds and two dogs?? It's like a petstore in here! I told him I don't NEED them, I want them. He asked why I couldn't just have one bird. I pointed out that a lot of people don't stop with just ONE child and that he has way more than just ONE friend.

His reply....

So, go get lots of people friends instead of BIRD friends!! :lol:

Some people just don't get it :hehe:

Here's a pic of my two new pups ...they are brothers :)

Attachments

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bird friends are much better! You always know where you stand with a bird and they never talk behind your back.

Ginas Girls

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gina
Sounds like my house. We have a cat,a dog,a lizard,turtles,5 birds and I couldn't even tell you how many fish...Neighborhood kids love coming here and visiting.. And those are some cute little dogs :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwwwww how sweet

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I like/love my pets more than most people, and would choose a pet over a human friend ANY day! :)

THOSE are cute Puppies!!!! I want one!!
(I need another dog like I need a hole in my head! LOL)

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
they are adorable :)

but really he thinks 5 birds and 2 dogs looks like a pet store? hmmm he should come visit me then huh I even have empty cages stacked around and bulk food, cuttlebones, etc. It does actually look kinda like a pet store around here some days LOL

I even have stacks of empty broken down boxes shoved under cages, on shelves and where ever else i can find for them to fit

how many kids can say "i have bags of bird food under my bed" I know at least one :hehe: - my daughter :rofl:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those dogs :)are adorable.

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Those pups are precious!!!!!!

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
Yes I have quite the zoo too! And I'm quite happy to have my animal friends...and if my human friends are uncomfortable with it then they don't have to come over. Hence why I got rid of the guest room and made it a bird room. With this many pets you don't get many guests! Its a special person who can put up with dogs licking you, cans batting at your feet, birds screaming in the background, and that special ferret smell that I can't get rid of because well, I can't use any air fresheners with the birds! (I clean daily, but with 5 ferrets- well, there will always be some smell). So I have very special friends :D
Having this many pets also means that family doesn't visit as much- which in my case is a plus! (Them: "Oh Heather we'd love to come over and visit but we are late for our flight!" Me: "Your flight leaves tomorrow." Them: "Ahh...")

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The new pups are very cute!

Matt

Status