• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well, my dad took me to pick up the new bird

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Judging by their photos, he's right in the place where they had Geralt and Triss' cage, too.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I have no idea what they're doing, but this is beyond terrible. When I bought Geralt, they said Triss was their first and they only bought Geralt because she was laying and they didn't 'want her efforts to go to waste' and wanted to breed them. I just don't understand, she had a round cage about 1/4th of that size and no toys or cuttlebone or anything, and he looks like he has a bunch of toys and a nice large cage?

They don't say why they're selling him, this is the ad translated to english;

Young male green-turquoise peachfaced lovebird. 8 months old.
Price: 60$ non-negotiable.
No deliveries.

He's not even OLD enough TO breed.
Grr those people! Unbelievable.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
..... :explode:These couldn't be the people constantly ASKING for peoples' birds to ""adopt"" into a 'loving and caring' home, could they???
I have no other idea how to explain where they got another lovebird, only to sell him a week later, or how they'd be making any money doing this, unless they're just stupid people who keep banging their heads against brick walls to try and turn a buck via breeding despite constantly failing.

Unless they were morons and they bought this guy thinking he could breed with Triss? The only problem with this theory is that they keep waiting a week to sell them, and this is the third ad I've seen from them selling a bird on a Sunday.

Last edited:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I checked and the addresses are completely different, but it's not that hard to lie about an address on kijiji.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I kind of want to find out what they'll say if I ask them why they're selling this one, but I'm just so mad that I'd probably just cuss them out at this point.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Hi Garet!

I was about 5 pages behind on your thread so I've just now caught up. Sounds like even if your 2 birds weren't bonded before -- they're bonding now! That's great.

Also wanted to say, you take the best photos. Of course you have some very photogenic subjects. :)

Let's see. About the person having multiple birds. I met a lady who "hid" birds in the back room and only acted like she had one at a time. She claimed they would sell better if people thought there was only one. (My friend thought she was horrid and bought out her 6 or 8 parrotlets).

The other possibility is like you said, they advertise being a "good home" for free birds and then flip them. That could also explain why this newer lovie has a large cage, maybe he came with a cage. All kinds of jerks in the world.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I kind of want to find out what they'll say if I ask them why they're selling this one, but I'm just so mad that I'd probably just cuss them out at this point.
Get a friend to call them. Or ask your brother to do it.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Hi Garet!

I was about 5 pages behind on your thread so I've just now caught up. Sounds like even if your 2 birds weren't bonded before -- they're bonding now! That's great.

Also wanted to say, you take the best photos. Of course you have some very photogenic subjects. :)

Let's see. About the person having multiple birds. I met a lady who "hid" birds in the back room and only acted like she had one at a time. She claimed they would sell better if people thought there was only one. (My friend thought she was horrid and bought out her 6 or 8 parrotlets).

The other possibility is like you said, they advertise being a "good home" for free birds and then flip them. That could also explain why this newer lovie has a large cage, maybe he came with a cage. All kinds of jerks in the world.
I'm just glad I have the two I have from them. I would have stopped at Geralt, but it felt so wrong leaving Triss with them, since they were already looking for another Fischer to shove in there with her for breeding.

At this point, I'm thinking they were flippers just based on the stuff in his cage and the difference in care he obviously received compared to the other two I bought. They have to be selling the cages and toys separately, too.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Yes you could post a warning ad. That's what people here do.
I've seen tons of warning ads. I would definitely do one!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What an **********. This makes me so mad, what a morons. I hope this baby gets adopted by a real parront.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I've posted one, but I am still so fudgeing livid at what he did. Tricking people out of their birds to turn a profit is just sick.

Quaker Carl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Carl
Im glad you posted one. He doesnt deserve to make profit and people need to know about him. You have done a great thing my friend x

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Yeah, I feel sorry for the little guy he has now, but I don't want to give him any of my money now that I know where his birds are coming from. It just doesn't feel like I've done enough, though.

Yen's former owner used to be in law enforcement. I've contacted him to see if this guy had messaged him about Yen before I got her and to find out if there's anything that can be done to shut him down.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Yeah, I feel sorry for the little guy he has now, but I don't want to give him any of my money now that I know where his birds are coming from. It just doesn't feel like I've done enough, though.

Yen's former owner used to be in law enforcement. I've contacted him to see if this guy had messaged him about Yen before I got her and to find out if there's anything that can be done to shut him down.
I hope he knows something. The people I got Tiki from, who has a pretty big beak injury when I got him(the upper part of his upper beak was whole bloody and the bridge between his nostrils was permenantly missing) posting advertisements too. It sucks so much if you can’t Get them to stop.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I hope he knows something. The people I got Tiki from, who has a pretty big beak injury when I got him(the upper part of his upper beak was whole bloody and the bridge between his nostrils was permenantly missing) posting advertisements too. It sucks so much if you can’t Get them to stop.
Omg poor Tiki! I can only imagine the horrors they're putting another bird through.

These people really need to stop. I probably shouldn't be mad, but I can't help but wonder what they would have done to Yen if they got her. I know she shouldn't be sleeping in anything, but she has a purse in her cage from her owner who passed away and Bob put one of his shirts in there and attached it to her cage with his son's cub scout epaulets. I've taken it out for cleaning before, and the one time she saw her cage without it, she went ballistic. I can't help but imagine that they wouldn't have let her keep her purse or the little doggy toy she loves to kiss, and they would have just tried to breed her and sold her.

Someone obviously loved Triss for her to be the way she is with me. I can't help but imagine what they took away from her and Geralt when they got them. He must have sold their cages and all their toys.