• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well, my dad took me to pick up the new bird

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
He would have sold everything wouldnt he :bored: x
I can only imagine that she would have come in a tiny cardboard box, too.

In much lighter news, these two definitely love eachother. Geralt keeps going to Triss' cage to feed her his lunch.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Spoke to Bob, and he had tried to get Yen. The same guy sent him multiple messages from different addresses about her... Hopefully we can do something about this.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I can only imagine that she would have come in a tiny cardboard box, too.

In much lighter news, these two definitely love eachother. Geralt keeps going to Triss' cage to feed her his lunch.
Twu Wuv... :heart:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Twu Wuv... :heart:
I just wish Twu Wuv was a little less messy. :wacky: He couldn't quite figure out how to feed her and just 'fed' her entire cage. I tried leaving both their cages open so they could have an easier time of it, but nope! It's more fun doing it his way.:sick: And more of a mess for their trained (mostly) hairless monkey to clean up...

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I just wish Twu Wuv was a little less messy. :wacky: He couldn't quite figure out how to feed her and just 'fed' her entire cage. I tried leaving both their cages open so they could have an easier time of it, but nope! It's more fun doing it his way.:sick: And more of a mess for their trained (mostly) hairless monkey to clean up...
Caked food is no joke. Since Rupert's feet hurt, he's less inclined to move around and wipe his beak off. I've scraped off caked bits of food and corn off him than I've ever done. He is one messy eater! I walked in earlier and he literally had a beard of food all the way past his chin. :rolleyes:

So, are you enjoying the soap opera? "All My Lovebirds"

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Caked food is no joke. Since Rupert's feet hurt, he's less inclined to move around and wipe his beak off. I've scraped off caked bits of food and corn off him than I've ever done. He is one messy eater! I walked in earlier and he literally had a beard of food all the way past his chin. :rolleyes:

So, are you enjoying the soap opera? "All My Lovebirds"
Oh yes, I'm very much enjoying the show. Not enjoying having to clean up giant poops and bird puke, though. He just can't seem to figure out that he has to be inside the same cage as her to feed her.

And then there's the fact that he keeps sneaking off with Yen and trying to get her to like him, but she thinks he has cooties, and then you just have Guzguz, who just wants to nap and preen his GF without all these crazy kids and their zany antics.

It's really never a dull moment. There's always someone stuck or hiding or doing something they probably shouldn't be doing but feel like it anyways. Like knocking over their pasta bowl or forgetting the way out of their play villa.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I would stress the horrible conditions and treatment. Cockfighting is illegal & that's basically what they did when they threw a male in with a sitting female.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I brought up the lies, the fact that she was pulled early and was kept in a tiny cage without access to toys or a cuttlebone, how they were trying to breed her while she was on a clutch and threw a much smaller male in there, the eggs she currently has despite how dangerous a second clutch could be so soon after her first, the inadequate food, and my suspicions that they had rough feathers thanks to being grabbed.

I also told them that he had told me that she had attacked Geralt when they just threw her in her cage. Hopefully, they can at least talk to him. What he's doing is beyond scummy.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Just finished giving the SPCA all the info I could, and they're opening a file on him.

I really hate living with non-bird people. I told my mom about what was going on, and she looked at me and honestly went 'Birds would know the difference?'. It's like 'you have been living with birds for months how do you still not realize they're not potatoes'.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
'you have been living with birds for months how do you still not realize they're not potatoes'.
funny but sad, too :sadhug2:It was your wording that made me chuckle. :shy:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Well, it's true! My family is just plain bizarre. Both my mom and my aunt literally think that birds aren't animals. I tried telling them both that 'yes, birds are indeed animals' and they basically both told me 'No they're not, they're birds'. :confused:

:wtf: These are some mighty lively plants I have here. Wonder if they're related to my Wandering Jews...

@finchly You should've seen it today! I uncovered their cages and he 'fed' the entire back of her nest and she had wedged her buttfeathers between the bars of her cage and into his! I had no idea that was even possible until I uncovered them. And they still won't go into the same cage. He prefers to feed her either from the inside of his cage or the top of hers and I have no idea why he won't just go feed her. He must have a very important bird reason for feeding her like that, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. He's like a kid with a crush who brings her all sorts of (smelly, gross, pre-chewed) flowers and chocolates, then runs away the minute he realizes she's looking at him.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
He must have a very important bird reason for feeding her like that, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. He's like a kid with a crush who brings her all sorts of (smelly, gross, pre-chewed) flowers and chocolates, then runs away the minute he realizes she's looking at him.
I think he must remember her beating the tar out of him and starving him last time. Doesn't make her any less purdy.
:serenade:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I think he must remember her beating the tar out of him and starving him last time. Doesn't make her any less purdy.
:serenade:
Could be? Either way, he's a weird little fellow. Even if he won't go near her, he still has to be near her. :hilarious:

Geralt's really sweet on her, as is Yen. I've caught both of them slipping her shredded papers. I just hope Yen doesn't try feeding her, too. :depressed: It's already hard enough to clean up all that 'delicious food'.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Well, I'm off to get Geralt ready for his trip to the vet. Mom asked me if we couldn't just 'grease his leg' and 'squeeze the band off' this morning.

No mom, that is not how any of this works... :banghead: We are not breaking his foot to save a couple of bucks. She even wanted me to get my brother to try getting the band off one last time...

:rolleyes:

Bill Wright

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bill Wright
Love bird laying eggs but will not stay with them, she has a nice nest in box but will not sit on them.......any ideas?

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Love bird laying eggs but will not stay with them, she has a nice nest in box but will not sit on them.......any ideas?
I don't know why you posted on this old thread, but you can't force birds to sit on eggs. If you really want to try and hatch them, it sounds like you're going to have to do all the hard work yourself.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
How many eggs? maybe she isn't through laying yet.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
How many eggs? maybe she isn't through laying yet.
My tiels don't really settle down to sitting on eggs until they're done laying all the eggs.

Last edited: