• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well I have done it ....

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So ....I wasn't looking ...which seems to happen to me all the time ...I wasn't even thinking about it ...which isn't really true ....but I did it ...with allot of work on my part ...but I have bought a HORSE !!!!! Well half a horse ...I am the new or soon to be new co-owner of a around 9 yr old Dunn Mustang ...he has only been in captivity for about 3 yrs so he is still abit green and needs some training but he is mine and more then likely will be fully mine come middle of next yr ...can anyone give me a WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

His name is Ghost

Ghost.jpg

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
What a cutie!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So ....I wasn't looking ...which seems to happen to me all the time ...I wasn't even thinking about it ...which isn't really true ....but I did it ...with allot of work on my part ...but I have bought a HORSE !!!!! Well half a horse ...I am the new or soon to be new co-owner of a around 9 yr old Dunn Mustang ...he has only been in captivity for about 3 yrs so he is still abit green and needs some training but he is mine and more then likely will be fully mine come middle of next yr ...can anyone give me a WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

His name is Ghost

View attachment 260173

Congrats. He's a handsome guy. Now you have 2 Ghosts. :D

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Gorgeous! So how trainable are mustangs? Will you be able to ride him?

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Wow! Congrats!

He is so handsome! Bay horses happen to be my favorite. :heart:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
How absolutely beautiful! Mustangs are the best, they retain that wild-and-free look. I envy you and your new adventure; please keep us updated!

@DQTimnehs yes she can ride him, he's 'green' meaning some experience but still needs training. Hopefully @Tyrion is a superb rider with a sticky seat!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So pretty! Congrats!

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Gorgeous! So how trainable are mustangs? Will you be able to ride him?
Oh yes I can ride him as he is now he is just "green" meaning he needs some more training being only 2.5 yrs out of the wild ...but with training he will be a great ridding horse ...he is big at 15.2 hands and with being a stallion for most of his life he is built as you can see from the pic even though he looks chubbie dont let that fool you there is allot of muscle there ... ;)

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's so handsome! What a beautiful, strong build he has.
Love the dorsal stripe and the cute little socks! :heart:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Well I just got some really bad news it looks like the seller sold Ghost out from under us last night ...Im so upset ..this was going to be my chance to own one of Canadas beautiful Mustangs ...I cant even tell you how upset I am ...My friend who I was co-owning with said maybe this sale might fall though but I dont hold out much hope ...man so sad ...but there is a chance I could bring up a BLM Mustang from the states maybe but that one would be totally "green" and would need ground up training and would be totally mine which we were hoping with the co-ownership training cost would be at a discount due to the trainer being my friend ..so now I dont know what to do ...do I leave it and just keep riding my friends Mustang and keep the thought of owning one myself as a dream or adopt a BLM Mustang and give a Mustang a much needed home .... :(

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I think just wait and see for now. In these cases I always like to think there's a good reason that things turned out the way they did (you may find out down the road) and that it happened for the best. If this one comes through, then maybe it is meant to be. If not, fate may have saved you in some way. :)

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I think just wait and see for now. In these cases I always like to think there's a good reason that things turned out the way they did (you may find out down the road) and that it happened for the best. If this one comes through, then maybe it is meant to be. If not, fate may have saved you in some way. :)
Yeah I know ...Im a everything happens for a reason kinda of a person ..Im just so crushed I was so looking forward to going and getting him this weekend ...he looks like such a lovely boy ..and he is related to some of my friends Mustangs so it would have been really neat to have him back with his family ... She has pics of him in the wild with some of her Mustangs it was really cool to find that out we were all excited to see how they would have reacted to each other once they met up again ...to bad thats not going to happen now :(

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Awww, sorry you are so disappointed! Hope you find another one just as handsome!

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
Oh I was so excited for you and now I am so sad!!
I had a 6yo mustang mare named Tundra. She was not an "in your pocket" horse and honestly could probably have cared less if I dropped dead lol. She was wicked fast and I barrel raced her for 4 years. I also took her on the shore to shore trail here in MI a couple of times camping and she was always the first to go in water and the last to tire out! Now she is part of a breeding program, her bloodline definitely needs to keep going!
Hopefully you can get your 'stang! They are such athletic and sturdy little horses and just a treat to have around!