• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Well, I’m ready for a walk

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Omg I love it! :chickendance:

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cool! What kind of stroller is it?

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That thing is great!!! You find The Best birdie accessories!

And Saroj, just think, in 30 years or so it can double as a walker so the outings never have to stop! :)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well give him some time to get used to it and see how it goes. Maybe put it off to the side where it doesn't seem threatening and he'll get over it with time.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is the carrier something hes used or is it all so new?

I wonder if he doesn't like the shiny! part of the stroller. Buddy gets weird like that too! So now I try to slowly move thing towards "his" domain. If it sits in the room long enough he chills. Like @ Dartman says!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Birds are so weird about new things.. I got chased by Henry tonight because I gave him a big wood block to chew... new .. just bought it today. He was on the floor tearing up something else and avoiding the wood block. I put it a little closer to him and turned around to walk away and heard a weird sound. When I looked back here he's coming in a fury running at me stomping his feet across the papers. I had just enough time to grab my trash bag to use as a block from his attack and he attacked the bag giving me a couple of seconds to grab my plexiglass block to keep him from getting me. He was so upset about the block he just came at me. I secured my plexiglass and he just meandered around fuming and then climbed back up his cage. I was still cleaning Lola's cage and watching him to make sure he didn't fly over to me. He has most of his flights now... I'll be clipping those soon. Much as I hate to...he just doesn't give it a second before he acts. He did calm down some and ate a couple of goodies I had put on his tray. Then he went on top of his cage to chew a piece of wood to occupy the time while I cleaned the paper on the floor. I hoped he would stay on top but when I was starting to pull paper from inside his cage he came back down and went in his cage. I don't like him to sit inside when I'm reaching in but I managed to get it done without any incident. When I was finished he came back out and did his dance back and forth on his outside perch. He does this when I finish and he is ready for me to scratch his head. This action could also mean he's getting ready to launch... it can be very hard to interpret. Needless to say... I didn't go to him to scratch his head. He sat there and watched me dishing up his and Lola's evening cooked food. He did as I asked when I said "Come on Henry" and moved over to another perch so I could place his bowl. It's risky, he's only inches from me. Another evening in the day of life with the big green guy.... I have to tell you... it was pretty funny hearing his feet slapping the floor when he was running at me... not so funny seeing his angry display as he tried to jump at me. I would be much happier to hear him scream about it!!!!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Wow! Is Henry just hormonal right now?
He hasn't been. Last week he got instantly upset when I stood up from wiping the floor. He was right in front of my face and I offered him the brussel sprout he had dropped. He pinned his eyes just twice so I bent back down to not be near him and the next thing I knew... he was on top of my head. It was a pretty ugly event. I think he's going to be pissy for a while.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Dang! The only time Angel got me good was at the vets office the other day. I tried to set him on the scale but he didn't want me to stop holding him. So when I moved my hands away from him he grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go. He was hanging by his beak because he had the cone on.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
They have triggers that we and probably they have no clue about till it happens. Lurch used to go nuts over new hats, certain hoodies, if he knew I was leaving. Pionus have very dark eyes so it's hard to see them pin but usually their body language is pretty clear when they are upset. I've heard they are related to Zons and a lot of the attitude I've read about certainly remind me of a pissy Pionus.

Last edited:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Dang! The only time Angel got me good was at the vets office the other day. I tried to set him on the scale but he didn't want me to stop holding him. So when I moved my hands away from him he grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go. He was hanging by his beak because he had the cone on.
Ow! But bless his little heart!