• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Welcome Home Sweet Pea

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
just small nose mask, but it has hard frame headgear and is "B" to get off & on. when i started sneezing the other night i couldn't get the stupid thing off my face. between the pressure from the CPAP and the sneezing i jacked up my eustachian tubes in my ears. they got a plugged up and took taking sinus decongestant to get them unplugged.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Sweet Pea is tucked in for the night. Avian angel 'G' stopped over today for few minutes on her way from the clinic. there was Emergency at the clinic and all hands were needed. it was several birds that been left in very nasty house that was abandon. the heat was still on but they were in tough shape. she and i both cried about that, poor birds. they were able to save all 6 of them, with lots of love, nourishment, and with some time they will all be getting new homes. i wish i could take one of them but my neighbors might have major freak out if brought a 'too' into apt. 'G' said that there was one 'too' that was just a lover and was pretty tough shape, but with hydration and a couple of tube feedings it was snuggle bird.
Dr Barb is going to stop over this week too. i noticed this AM that Sweet Pea's one toe was bit swollen and she was favoring it a bit. i gave some metacam this morning and it was less swollen tonight. Avian Angel tried to hold Sweet Pea tonight and got a chomp on finger her efforts. i talked to Dr Barb too tonite and she wants to look at it. it's nothing to worry about thank goodness.
Sweet :tiel2: Pea's mom

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Sweet Pea is tucked in for the night. Dr Barb stopped over this afternoon. Sweet Pea's toe is fine, dr barb thought maybe s/he sprained it jumping around like s/he does in the big cage. just DMG for a couple of days and watch it to make sure it is not swollen up again.
Dr Barb had been to the clinic for part of the day to help with those abandon birds. i got hear the story to how they ended up at her clinic. like i said those poor birds were left in abandon nasty dirty house in WI. the meter person had come to shut off the gas meter and heard the big birds squawking. he was able to peek into the windows and see the cages in one room. thank the man upstairs, that he had kind heart and called the local sherriff. that sherriff bring his personal dog to Dr Barb's clinic. he called the clinic's emergency line and was told how to approach those very upset birds. with help he was able to get all the birds into cages including a M2 that had chewed his/her way thru a hollow core door. the birds had no water and very little food. The sherriff and 2 deputies found food and were able to get food into the cages. one of the deputies has large van and pulled the seats out of it and load all the cages into it.
they head for the clinic with 6 birds; 1 M2 :m2: , 1 Yellow naped amazon :yca: , 2 macaws :gwm: :btm: & 2 tiels :tiel5: :piedtiel: . Dr Tony and Dr Paul were waiting for them, along with the avian angels. the 2 macaws were both pluckers and very thin. the M2 will have to stay at the clinic for awhile and may need surgery for a blockage. but according to Dr Barb she thinks that blockage will move down and out in it's own time. the YNA has a huge attitude with some nasty foot wounds that will need care for awhile too. the macaw pair is doing good today with some small plucking wounds & they will need some good food for awhile. the 2 tiels are thin and very happy to be warm and eating on their own. Dr Barb said that they are both very hissy and quite afraid of people. she brought in all sorts of fruit and veggies for those birds. i may go in and help out with those birds as way to repay their kindness towards me and Rocky. but i will be taking entire change of clothes, shoes with me if i go in and help. i don't need to bring any creepy crawlies/ illness home to my darling little Sweet Pea.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Sweet Pea is tucked in for the night. her/his toe looked fine today, no swelling, no favoring. so after i talked to Dr Barb, she said not to do the DMG today. but i'm going to kept a close watch on it. s/he has been kinda grumpy today with 'tude. very nippy again.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
li'l one is tucked in for the night. mom did groecery shopping today, bought goodies for Sweet Pea home. sweet potato, apple, pineapple; Crushed in it's own juice, kamut and millet. i looked for Bob's Red mill cereal but could not find it.
mom needs to go to bed
Sweet :tiel2: Pea's mama

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I know times are tough for everyone but I cannot understand someone just leaving birds or any pets behind without telling anyone. If you're going to abandon at least leave them where they'll be found and helped or tell the cops/a vets office/a shelter/radio station that there are abandoned creatures at this residence/address. :( :( :( :(

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
i don't get it either, i would never leave my beloved pets to die in house with little to no food or water. i know that Dr Barb told me that this abandonment will be going to court and person there will be charged with animal abuse/neglect. from what she has told me and that is very little, the house was hoarder house and she saw some of the pictures and said it made her run for the bathroom. the sherriff know where this sicko is too.
I may not have much it this world but my pets have always eaten the best that i can provide, no matter whether i was hungry or not.
i will be going with avian angel some time this weekend to help in any way that i can. i know that Dr barb said that all those birds need some hard core washing and baths and there is a shower in the clinic maybe i will bring my swimsuit and tell those birdies not to laugh at me.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
li'l one is in bed. mama cooked for her this AM. sweet potato mashed, with half of it with 1/2 apple and cinnamon. and the other half with pineapple crushed and drain excess liquid. Sweet Pea loves :heart: pineapple. she ate and ate and ate. i froze a bunch of the mash for later date.
Sweet :tiel2: Pea's mama

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Sweet Pea is tucked in for the night. s/he learn today to hop from my shoulder to Rocky's cage and play center on top of the old cage. s/he was having great fun playing on the birdie playstation. if i sit on a kitchen chair near the flight cage s/he will jump to my knee and run up on my shirt on to my shoulder.
i need to talk to management about their use of smelly deodorizer in our hallways. whatever this stuff is, i popped asthma attack shortly after they sprayed that crap all over the place. it seeps under the doors into the apts and smell like nasty old nursing home smell. (my great grandma lived in nursing home that smelled just that smell.) BLECH :eek: i shoved a rug against the bottom of my door and tonight my windows are open and the box fan in the deck door sucking fresh air thru the house. 2 rounds with the nebs and i can breath easier now.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Tell them that you have asthma and it triggers your medical condition.

You may want to ask specifically what it is (that might be helpful to medical providers if you have to go in for treatment).

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
that will have to wait until monday, the leasing agent in the office on the weekend is a ditz. my chest still feels heavy like and i may need another round with the nebs. guess i will not sleeping tonight.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
well i got to meet the M2 at Dr Barb's clinic today. i forgot my camera :facepalm: duh!!! what sweetheart, the 'too' is a girl and snuggle bunny. Avian angel 'G' and i got to the clinic early so i could be there to uncover cages. All their cages were taken to car wash and scrubbed hard, disinfected and scrubbed a 2nd time. the tiels are already gone home with one of the other vet tech's home. so it's just the 2 macaws, M2 and YNA at the clinic right now. the 2 macaws are still there becuz Dr Tony has to clear out his guest room for the birds :hehe: . Dr Tony was there today, i was introduced to him. he is a very sweet person and hugged me after 'G' told him about Rocky. he said he had heard so much from Dr Barb and 'G' about my beloved baby. he asked about Sweet Pea and love my pics on my phone. i uncovered the YNA and got cussed out big time. that bird knows every cuss word and few that i didn't know hmmmmmmmm. his feet are bandaged and he has a cone around his neck. he is not people bird, and prefers to be let alone. i was warned that he does bite and not to get close to the cage. i uncovered the M2 and was greeted with "hello" she was more then ready to come out of the cage, but had to wait to get her food first. the 2 macaws were already uncovered, they have plucked their breast areas bald. Dr Tony is going to try cones on both of them and in separate cages, but next to each other. they both chatter all the time. i made up their food in the kitchenette and 'G' and i fed them all. they are all eating on their own now. the M2 still needed a bath, i brought my swimsuit and we took care of that after she ate. she is wall to wall pinfeathers and after the shower, we had a wet cuddle time. she does talk some but mostly it naughty words and that is not encouraged. I cleaned up the entire bird room with Oxy-fresh and Avi-tec. the YNA cusses all the time at every thing and every one. he hates everything and is very vocal about it. he has pressure sores on both feet and is on anti-biotices and DMG. they are all getting DMG. the 2 macaws take it with no fight as does the M2. YNA gets it mixed in to soft foods. He will fight beak and claw anything that tries to help him. Dr Tony thinks that he has never has a lot of love in his life and doesn't understand that people are ok and not mean. the M2 and i sat for about a hour in the break room while i worked on some of those pinnies. Dr Tony was impressed with how i work with the birds, and i was told i can come back any time i want too. b/4 i left i took a shower there, changed all my clothes, as did all the techs do b/4 they come home. they all wear shoe covers and gloves too.
I got home and took another shower just to be safe. Sweet Pea and i cuddle some and s/he ate his/her soft foods plus a piece of raw apple. YAY.
it's been a long day Sweet Pea is tucked in and sleeping. mom is head that way too.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That poor Amazon.......breaks my heart.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Those poor birds. :( Sounds very rewarding to spend some time with these birds - hope they are able to feel the care, love and compassion that you, "G" and Dr. Tony are showing them.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
That poor Amazon.......breaks my heart.
I know, it did the same to me. he is beautiful but people are the enemy in his eyes. according to Dr Tony, his feet are not his biggest problem. it his attitude toward life in general. i was afraid of putting his food dishes in the cage, 'G' distracted him and i got them in b/4 he could get a bite on me. he growls and does the 'sway' thing, if you get even close to his cage. somewhere in his life the trust that he may have had is now gone, and he is not coping well with any of this. they had to sedate him to work on his poor feet, cleaning all the pressure sores, getting rid dead skin and the nasties. his cage had just piece of a 2x4 for a perch. he now has comfort perchs wrapped with vet wrap. his feet are bandage and i suggested soother + to help heal those ouchies. Dr Tony said he would get some and try it. b/4 i left i found him the harrison's web site and MSBS site also. they are going to have to sedate him again to clean those poor little feeties.
god help me if i ever find out who did that to those poor birds. i would need a lawyer really quickly. i have taken care of my share of rejected birds, the good; (R.I.P.) Rocky, Bud,Tuffy, the Bad; (R.I.P.)Teelee, Punkee and the Ugly; (R.I.P.) The Turk. but when i see those that have been so mistreated that they are so filled with hate, i want jack somebody up. :arrested: :tmsarrestedme: :chained: no animal deserves that kind life. 'G' told me 2 of the techs had to go outside and have themselves a good cry b/4 they could work on those babies. the tech that took home the tiels threw up in the front office the day the birds came to clinic. she is very young and fresh out of school, she had to work the phones becuz she couldn't be in the back treatment areas w/out being sick.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thanks for recommending the soother plus for him.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
i just want his poor little bandage feet to heal up. he is so unhappy it hard to bear it in my heart.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
li' one is tucked with a bit of fuss tonight. s/he didn't want to go to bed, the lights were out and s/he was hopping around in the dark. No Baby,mama doesn't want you to get hurt. s/he finally settled down.
i need to get my check book balanced and all the fun that goes that BLECH.