• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Weird shaped beak and practically no tailfeathers?

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
Thank you so so so soooooo much for taking her in!!! She looks super happy!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
She looks much better.

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
And Ciri somehow managed to hurt her leg. :sad1: No idea what happened, I just heard her squeak and flapping and she's not putting any weight on her leg and it's bleeding. I've been trying to help her, but she's afraid of hands and I can't get close enough to put corn starch or flour on it, like the vet I called said I should. Anyone have any advice on how I can at least stop the bleeding? For now, I've moved her cage back in my room where she can be alone to hopefully keep her calm, but that doesn't help me with stopping the bleeding.

I really don't know what happened. She was in her cage with the door shut and my other animals weren't close enough to hurt her. I'm worried that she bit her own leg or something.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Is she still bleeding? You might have to towel her in order to be able to work with her. Is there another person there who can hold her while you tend to her leg? Keeping the room dim will help keep her calm too. Is there anything she could have caught her leg on or anything sharp?

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Is she still bleeding? You might have to towel her in order to be able to work with her. Is there another person there who can hold her while you tend to her leg? Keeping the room dim will help keep her calm too. Is there anything she could have caught her leg on or anything sharp?
She's stopped bleeding, thankfully. My brother came home a short while ago, but she kept panicking, so we left her be in my room, which is currently pretty dark.

No, there's nothing sharp in there. She doesn't play with her toys, and there's nothing chewed on or frayed that she could have cut or hurt herself on. I'm thinking she was either grooming a bit too hard or might have just fallen off her perch in her sleep and hurt herself or something. Ciri does like to nap around the time she got hurt.

Last edited: