1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Weird shaped beak and practically no tailfeathers?

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Garet, 10/30/17.

1. Riptide Queen

Riptide Queen Jogging around the block

Thank you so so so soooooo much for taking her in!!! She looks super happy!!

Garet likes this.
  2. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Elaine
    She looks much better.

Garet likes this.
  3. Garet

Garet Walking the driveway

Garet
    And Ciri somehow managed to hurt her leg. :sad1: No idea what happened, I just heard her squeak and flapping and she's not putting any weight on her leg and it's bleeding. I've been trying to help her, but she's afraid of hands and I can't get close enough to put corn starch or flour on it, like the vet I called said I should. Anyone have any advice on how I can at least stop the bleeding? For now, I've moved her cage back in my room where she can be alone to hopefully keep her calm, but that doesn't help me with stopping the bleeding.

I really don't know what happened. She was in her cage with the door shut and my other animals weren't close enough to hurt her. I'm worried that she bit her own leg or something.

4. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Deanna
    Is she still bleeding? You might have to towel her in order to be able to work with her. Is there another person there who can hold her while you tend to her leg? Keeping the room dim will help keep her calm too. Is there anything she could have caught her leg on or anything sharp?

finchly, sunnysmom and Sarahmoluccan like this.
  5. Garet

Garet Walking the driveway

Garet
    She's stopped bleeding, thankfully. My brother came home a short while ago, but she kept panicking, so we left her be in my room, which is currently pretty dark.

No, there's nothing sharp in there. She doesn't play with her toys, and there's nothing chewed on or frayed that she could have cut or hurt herself on. I'm thinking she was either grooming a bit too hard or might have just fallen off her perch in her sleep and hurt herself or something. Ciri does like to nap around the time she got hurt.

Last edited: 12/5/17
    Tiel Feathers likes this.
Tags:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)