1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Weird shaped beak and practically no tailfeathers?

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Garet, 10/30/17.

1. Garet

Garet Strolling the yard

Garet
    Aah, thank you. ;u; I was hoping that was the case. Her butt's actually going really green right now, I can't wait to see what she looks like! I really just want a healthy bird, and don't really care about coloration.

Thank you for letting me know, it's a big relief that this isn't some new issue.

Tiel Feathers and Sarahmoluccan like this.
  2. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    I am really happy your little lady is improving.

Sarahmoluccan likes this.
  3. Garet

Garet Strolling the yard

Garet
    Update: She's starting to act a lot more like a budgie should. Rather than just being quiet and only peeping every now and then, she's started to make more budgie noises and interact more with me and the things in her cage rather than staying with her chest pressed up into the rungs of her ladder.
    I even got her to eat some spray millet while I was holding it. :joyful: I really can't wait to let her join the rest of my flock.

4. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    Great news! :)

5. Garet

Garet Strolling the yard

Garet
    Do you guys think it would be too soon to move Ciri to a new cage? I'm getting her a new one tomorrow, as her current one is broken, and I found one in my area for a good price (It even comes with new toys for her!). I'd leave her in her old one, but the broken bar and lack of clips really concerns me.

6. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Sarah
    Sounds like she should move in to the new one soon. As long she doesn't get spook of it shouldn't be a problem. Whenever I've moved my birds into newer better cages it's never been a problem. Not that there can't be problems but I think that's its pretty rare.

Last edited: 11/10/17
  7. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Deanna
    I would put it next to her new one for several days to get her used to it. You can see if she will go play in it before you move her into it.

iamwhoiam and parrotluv like this.
  8. DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs! Administrator DQ Lou Who Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS

Jennifer
    Make sure you clean and disinfect the new cage and all the toys if buying used.

iamwhoiam likes this.
  9. Garet

Garet Strolling the yard

Garet
    Yeah, I wound up just moving her into the new one with her own toys and perches. I really disliked keeping her in the older cage. Dang thing nearly tipped over while I was cleaning out the paper and the bars just caved in where I grabbed it. Thank you both for the advice, though, she's settling in rather well now that she's inside. It was worth it, even if she did bite me pretty good when I moved my fingers too fast for her comfort.

Yup, already did that. I'm really happy with the cage she's in now. It's really sturdy and just the right size for some of the perches I've made.

10. MagpieDragon

MagpieDragon Meeting neighbors

If she cannot fly, I found that putting a towel on the bottom makes good padding. Just make sure that her nails can't get hooked in it, and that it doesn't get too dirty.
    Thanks for saving her :)

11. Garet

Garet Strolling the yard

Garet
    :woot2:
    Ciri came out of her cage on her own and flew around without any prompting today! She even found her way back in without my help. I spoke to the vet briefly, and she said with how she's doing, she can likely join my flock by the end of the month (as she will have been quarantined for a month since I got her and is showing no signs of being ill from anything but hyperkeratosis).

In two and a half weeks, she'll officially get to meet her brother and sister and join them in the joyous activity that is pooping on all my electronics.

she's actually flying quite well now. But I'll keep that in mind if she or one of my other birbs need a soft place to land.

12. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    Great update, and I'm so happy that you decided not to clip her wings. :)

13. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Elaine
    Glad Ciri is doing so well.

14. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Great that Ciri is doing so well!

15. Garet

Garet Strolling the yard

Garet
    I am, too. To be honest, it was the last thing she needed. Poor girl only had two or three intact feathers on either wing, ad clipping her wouldn't really have done anything anyways, except stress her out more.

Sarahmoluccan likes this.
Tags:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)