• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Loor

Meeting neighbors
So basically my lovebird Maya makes this really weird air noise that no matter how many time I google I cannot find anyone with a lovebird that also makes this noise, anyway, I don't think she's sick or anything, she's done it since I first got her, and I don't think it's an agression thing either since she seems to be happy when she makes that noise. Anyways, the first video is her making the noise (it's upside down though lol) and the second one is her playing like a dope. So uh... tell me what you think please.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
In the first video she is really excited! Her behavior is similair to Henkie’s when he is happy and excited. He doesn’t do the noise though, he has a different noise. He does do something that resembles it but softer. I think it is just a happy lovie sound!

Loor

Meeting neighbors
In the first video she is really excited! Her behavior is similair to Henkie’s when he is happy and excited. He doesn’t do the noise though, he has a different noise. He does do something that resembles it but softer. I think it is just a happy lovie sound!
Yeah, I thought it was something like that too. My friend has a young lovebird and he came over the other day to hang out with her and I think she taught him how to make that noise, according to my friend.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
LOl how cute. She’s excited and that’s her own special noise. All birds have some individual and unique variations on their sounds/chirps and behaviors. :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Enjoy her cute little mannerisms and cute little sounds.

Maybelline

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Maybelline
Haha what a cute little birdie Maya is! I'm a new, 3-day old mom of my Loki, and I already got to experience a variety of sounds from her lol... yesterday she kept saying "tsk" to me all evening. When I put my hand near her, and she doesn't want it, she says "tsk". When I focus on doing some craft toys for her and not paying attention, she says "tsk". When she chews paper strips and I take the paper away, she says "tsk". What a bossy bird! LOL.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
God, she reminds me so much of Sherbie. Sherbie will stare at you, eyes full of intent for a long moment and then she'll quickly tap the ground once as she whistles "WHOO!" or "BOOP!". It's pretty silly. We will go back and forth with it.

I'll try to see if I can get a video of it tomorrow.