• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weird nesting behavior

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Fëanor is a weird little bird, Peach faced lovies normally tuck nesting material between their tail/back feathers, but a week or so ago Fëanor tucked his in his shoulder featherso_O Has anyone heard of a lovie doing that? He has never tucked nestig material in his tail, only in his shoulder!:D I wonder why he does it, it is really cute though. I love my odd little bird:xflove: A70FE81F-4AC6-485B-AE4E-0680A6A1C15E.jpeg
8B80B970-2F4B-4750-AFAA-0614CA241ABF.jpeg

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Both Beep, my first Lovebird, and Sherbie did/do that on occasion. Another silly thing is shredding the tiniest little piece of paper and tucking it. I laughed... there was no way it was big enough to actually stay in there or even make use of in a nest, but you have to give her points for trying!

PS, my floor looks just like yours! :lol:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Both Beep, my first Lovebird, and Sherbie did/do that on occasion. Another silly thing is shredding the tiniest little piece of paper and tucking it. I laughed... there was no way it was big enough to actually stay in there or even make use of in a nest, but you have to give her points for trying!

PS, my floor looks just like yours! :lol:
Wahaha crazy birds! Good to know Fëanor is not the only one:D Even better to know that I am in good company when it comes to the floor lol!:rofl: Isn't it nice how the decorate it for us?:xflove:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Wahaha crazy birds! Good to know Fëanor is not the only one:D Even better to know that I am in good company when it comes to the floor lol!:rofl: Isn't it nice how the decorate it for us?:xflove:
LOL yes... I feel like I'm tracking paper and food all over the place or constantly picking it off my feet when I walk in there.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
LOL yes... I feel like I'm tracking paper and food all over the place or constantly picking it off my feet when I walk in there.
Exactly! Fëanor just shredded a piece of Cork, I had to change my socks otherwise it would be all over the house:lol: