• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weird Budgie Behavior

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Every once in a while, my Budgie, Skittles, will come up to the side of the cage and just start moving his head up and down while squawking. It's been happening for a little while now, and I just thought I'd ask about it. :)

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
Does his eyes pin? Because I believe they do it before they regurgitate.

lyx

Sprinting down the street
Is it like a bobbing motion? Like Jas says it could be regurgitating, look for videos on youtube to see if thats similar to what Skittles is doing?

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
I do not believe it is regurgitating. He'll also move his wings a bit. It's almost like he's doing a little dance, but having a squawking fit at the same time!

All the same, I will look into the regurgitating possibility. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

The best way I would describe it is he's continuously ducking down and popping back up. He'll move his wings a bit and will squawk.

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Just looked it up. I do not believe he is regurgitating. All the videos I watched the Budgies were moving their heads up and forward. As I mentioned above, it looks like he's continuously ducking down.

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera

I don't have one of my own bird, but it looks similar to this, maybe not as much, though, lol.

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Thanks for all the help guys! As long as it's nothing you worry about, it's fine! :)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Ha ha - my Lucy Bird (who I now think was a male), RIP 1996 / 2002 - Lucy used to head bob a LOT just like the bird in the video, when I played her favorite song, which was the Macarena! She loved to dance.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I agree, it sounds like he's trying to impress either you, or a mate :D