• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weigh In?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I really liked 2 but managed 3 well enough. Though 2 Quakers is a lot more work than 1 Quaker and 1 conure! So it depends on a lot of factors

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I have three cockatiels (I used to have four), and I think it’s easier when you have all of the same species. I love all of my birds dearly, but if I had to do it over again, I would probably stick with two. This is because with fewer birds it’s easier to give individual attention, it’s easier on a pet sitter, it’s less work, and it’s less money. That’s a cute picture of you and your little friend!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I have two lovies(and the ducks outside:heart: They are my fids too! They even have the hormonal fits:embarassed: I get chased around by horny Myn on a daily basis now:p) and for me at this point that is enough:xflove: I would love to have more, but that would just not work, and knowing me I would adopt two of the same species as I prefer them that way:embarassed:
My two trouble makers, left Henkie and right Fëanor
FCB2779C-9091-4D7F-8F93-64E0FE63F3A0.jpeg

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
When I got Kraz, the plan was that I would only ever get birds his size to prevent accidents and allow for everyone to share time out of their cages, and that I'd only have one or two.
Obviously, that didn't work out. :dead:

I'm in love with too many species and I'm too much of a bleeding heart to stay with a small flock. I'm a baaaaad dude.
Thankfully Kraz and Réy love each other to death so they can have out-of-cage time with each other, but it still has to be with supervision (just in case). Rafi was largely fine with them but would go for their toes if they tried to climb on her cage.
Taco's still in quarantine ofc, but I think he's might be housed in a different area permanently, both because of Kraz's dust and Taco's size. Both of my littler fids are smaller than one of Taco's feathers, lol. Even play could be dangerous with that colossal of a difference. Having multiple fids of varying species is a lot of work, but it's well worth it to me.
And since I have my eyes on another CAG already, I'm in for a bunch more fun in the future.

No number is too many in this household.
I need an intervention.

BirdManDan

Real Name
Dan
Watch what you wish for. We started out with a flock of 9 rescued parakeets which reach Mt. Everest heights to over 70 different rescued birds of all kinds. Now we are down to a reasonable 11. No matter how many you have one more never seems like a problem until you have a few dozen! LOL.......
everest.jpg

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Our flock is stable right now at seven...oh, and Elvis, who is vacationing here. :)

I'm not into posting pics...I used to but had some problems when I did. (not on AA)

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
One is enough for me. I want to be able to give Java my undivided attention, especially since I'm his first home that I know of. I don't think he would do well with other birds since he's very passive. I think other birds would take advantage of his disability. So it's just him and I in this flock

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
20180225_114255.jpg

We started with one by chance 2 summers ago, and added a second 8 mos ago. There are days that I wonder if adopting a second was a right choice as it took time and attention away from our first bird, and the amount of work it takes for two -- not just in food prep and cage cleaning, but also that they are both unique and have their own needs separate and apart from just "being birds."

This may be a helpful thread: MBS (Multiple Bird Syndrome) AKA Just one more... | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum