• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weekend with the mad gang

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
What a weekend!

Flew down from the new job friday night (crazy but well paid). Terrific to be home again,

Wake up Saturday, play with babies, all fine. House to myself. Warm and dry, everyone praying for rain.

Put 3 babies out in the sun in small cage. Go inside to rest. Cant relax. Go out and check the cage again. All zip tied up the wazoo. Try to relax, no go.

Put cage beside the window. I can see them from my couch. watching film on tv. Hear whooshing of bird flying, (in the avairy?). Half disregard it. Then feel draught on my neck.

Left front door open for air. Thats ok. What is NOT OK, is the avairy door which is ALSO wide open. It popped open in the wind. OMG! all birdies were loose in the avairy.

How long ago did I hear that whooshing sound?. Race into avairy. quick count. two missing.

Green or yellow legs?. one of each. Cha-Cha and Thumper!!! AAAAAAAAAARGH!

Race out onto lawn. 3 birdies in zip tied cage. One birdie calling in the garden. Its Cha-Cha. Scoop her up, no drama, pop her into the avairy. Close front door behind me firmly.

Thumper, Please God, let him be nearby, Strong wind. No Thumper. No sound except babies in the cage. Call Thumper, no reply. OMG he could be anywhere.

Think John. Think!.........PLEEEEEEEASE GOD dont let Thumper be gone........

Think, strong wind from the left, he must have gone right on the wind. Leap over the neighbours wall. Call him again, and this time he replies.

Ten foot up in dense foliage. Playing happily, whats all the fuss about?.

Climb up several feet, chatting away to keep him calm, reach out my hand. Yes but no. He wants to come, leans forward, then changes his mind. Totally relaxed and enjoying himself too much to come home.

Abra, Abracadabra, I'm gonna reach out and grab ya!

He doesnt like that and is protesting when my neighbour arrives home to find me halfway up his tree. To his credit it doesnt bother him at all. He smiles and says hi!

I climb down and release Thumper in the avairy. two minutes later hes eating my buttons like nothing happened.

Welcome home Papa. ONE DAY BACK and I let two birds escape. IMAG0588.jpg

duo.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

schnitzle

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Schnitzle
Wow! I'm exhausted just reading that! I'm so glad it ended well and all your fids are safe and sound :)

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Glad you found everyone!

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
"Hi Dad We have so much fun when you are home"
Glad you retrieved everyone.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that everyone is home safe and sound. I can imagine how scary that was for you.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Wow! I'm exhausted just reading that! I'm so glad it ended well and all your fids are safe and sound :)
Me too!

Going for coffee to relax....

Welcome home!

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
Scary experience! That aviary needs a lock! :)

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Yikes! I am so glad that they both made it back inside.