• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Wee House Sparrow

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:heart::heart::heart:
She’s precious!

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
Went up to the Midlands and had no one at home to feed Loki. So baby joined us!

IMG_20181221_135218.jpg

My parents have said Loki cannot stay.... Even though they too are in love. So I found a loophole... Loki has won over my boyfriend and as he's going to university again next year, he would like the company. So Loki stays but not in my house hehehe!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Tell them the worst those lil guys do is eat plants and poop. They really can't cause much damage and they will love their flock in their own way for the rest of their lives so if you limit the poop issues and access to chew-able plants they are pretty easy to deal with and care for. They can't even really bite though they may try. Beeper used to be very protective of her little house and I'd poke a finger in and she'd scream and peck it like she was gong to kill me. It never hurt and she felt all big and mighty afterwards and then would happily jump on that same finger and roost.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that Loki can't stay. What is their reason for that? It's good that you do have somewhere he can land safely.
Spee is generally very sweet. I can carry him around and give him scratches. He's become somewhat of a curmudgeon within the last year and does try to nip every now and then but it doesn't hurt. He is also more "squirrely" than he used to be. I think the little guy is dealing with some arthritis.

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
My family are trying to limit responsibilities. And space wise, we're looking at moving into a smaller house. My dad is also anti cages.... Like, very anti cages. So the fewer cages in the house (doesn't matter how big or how much out time our rabbit and Eros have, he complains), the better. So when I move out one day and my boyfriend is finished with uni, we'll all be in our own place and I'll live with Loki. But we still have time to work my parents so I'm not worried

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
My family are trying to limit responsibilities. And space wise, we're looking at moving into a smaller house. My dad is also anti cages.... Like, very anti cages. So the fewer cages in the house (doesn't matter how big or how much out time our rabbit and Eros have, he complains), the better. So when I move out one day and my boyfriend is finished with uni, we'll all be in our own place and I'll live with Loki. But we still have time to work my parents so I'm not worried
I don't mean to egg you on into a family war but has your dad ever said why he is so anti-cage? Devil's advocate that I am, to a certain extent we all live in a cage of some sort. Houses do the same that a cages do - protect us, hold our food, water, entertainment and allow us to sleep safely.

I just hope that Loki will be okay away from you as you're the main mum bird in his life (even though you don't look grumpy and don't have "fedders").

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well I think they are safer with a house to stay in when nobody is there to look after them, or a safe bird room. Just remember the lil ones love to hang out everywhere and their natural instinct to hold still and hope nothing sees them. Beeper got punted once because I didn't notice her on the brown carpet, luckily she was fine.

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
I don't mean to egg you on into a family war but has your dad ever said why he is so anti-cage? Devil's advocate that I am, to a certain extent we all live in a cage of some sort. Houses do the same that a cages do - protect us, hold our food, water, entertainment and allow us to sleep safely.

I just hope that Loki will be okay away from you as you're the main mum bird in his life (even though you don't look grumpy and don't have "fedders").

Sigh...:laugh: He just can't see how it's fair for them... From seeing the birds out in the sky, to Eros in his cage (which he can fly the lower half and play with his numerous toys)... Even our dogs have huge free reign in the acre garden. But he'll come around when I have my own place and birdie room! I see cages as how you described. Especially as Eros has a lot of out time and his cage is in a high contact area

(even though you don't look grumpy and don't have "fedders").
I love love this!

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
Well I think they are safer with a house to stay in when nobody is there to look after them, or a safe bird room. Just remember the lil ones love to hang out everywhere and their natural instinct to hold still and hope nothing sees them. Beeper got punted once because I didn't notice her on the brown carpet, luckily she was fine.
Yes! Loki already loves finding hidey holes to sleep in. Just make a tunnel with your hand and she's in there. I accidentally kicked a fledgling Sparrow once.. didn't see it on the outdoor stairs... Was okay though thank goodness!!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Yes! Loki already loves finding hidey holes to sleep in. Just make a tunnel with your hand and she's in there. I accidentally kicked a fledgling Sparrow once.. didn't see it on the outdoor stairs... Was okay though thank goodness!!
If it's any consolation the fledgeling robins do the "freeze & I'm invisible" act also. I saved one from being run over - it was standing right next to the kerb in broad daylight on a busy main road which I was on to get to work. Pulled into the front parking lot and gimped my way over to where it was just before the lights changed. I was able to pick him up and put him under evergreens/shrubbery so he wasn't visible. The parents were watching me and giving alarm calls until they saw me put him down and walk away. Same grumpy beak look but so cute.

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
If it's any consolation the fledgeling robins do the "freeze & I'm invisible" act also. I saved one from being run over - it was standing right next to the kerb in broad daylight on a busy main road which I was on to get to work. Pulled into the front parking lot and gimped my way over to where it was just before the lights changed. I was able to pick him up and put him under evergreens/shrubbery so he wasn't visible. The parents were watching me and giving alarm calls until they saw me put him down and walk away. Same grumpy beak look but so cute.
Oh poor baby! People always ask me why I drive the speed limit (uh it's the limit?) on our small roads. It's because of the sheer amount of animals on the road. I live by a conservancy so, especially at night, there are tons of babas around