• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weather-Watery poop relationship

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
Those two IRNs were not mine and I noticed very little but a few bubbles in their droppings and they were watery as well. A bird dropped on my roof and I noticed it being watery and , again, having very little but a few bubbles in it. Someone said a few birds in area are having same issue...and a guy blamed changing weather for this. Winters have just started here. I just wanna know, Can it have a connection with weather?

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
Those two IRNs were not mine and I noticed very little but a few bubbles in their droppings and they were watery as well. A bird dropped on my roof and I noticed it being watery and , again, having very little but a few bubbles in it. Someone said a few birds in area are having same issue...and a guy blamed changing weather for this. Winters have just started here. I just wanna know, Can it have a connection with weather?
@enigma731
@cassiesdad

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Interesting, I wonder if the two things could be related. :chin:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Often birds have watery droppings when they're stressed but they return to normal fairly quickly.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could be stress due to the weather but it might also be due to a change in diet.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think it would depend what the source of the stress is. I've noticed watery droppings in Leia during a stressful journey in her carrier that returned to normal later that day. If it's a longer term thing, like a change in season, it might take longer to return to normal because the birds need to adjust to the new normal rather than the source of the stress being removed.

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
I think it would depend what the source of the stress is. I've noticed watery droppings in Leia during a stressful journey in her carrier that returned to normal later that day. If it's a longer term thing, like a change in season, it might take longer to return to normal because the birds need to adjust to the new normal rather than the source of the stress being removed.
Sorry for asking so many things :unsure1: But why will there be bubbles in watery droppings due to stress?

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I just wanted to jump in this thread because I am dealing with this right now too. I was away for 2 days and thought Waffle was fine, but now I think she's having stress diarrhea. I have her back on probiotics and hoping for the best, but the temperature has bottomed out here too with super dry air. So who knows. I hope she stabilizes in the coming week before we leave town again.
@Mohit Gaur, we use Bene-Bac Plus probiotic powder which our vet recommended. I sprinkle a little in her food every day.

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
I just wanted to jump in this thread because I am dealing with this right now too. I was away for 2 days and thought Waffle was fine, but now I think she's having stress diarrhea. I have her back on probiotics and hoping for the best, but the temperature has bottomed out here too with super dry air. So who knows. I hope she stabilizes in the coming week before we leave town again.
@Mohit Gaur, we use Bene-Bac Plus probiotic powder which our vet recommended. I sprinkle a little in her food every day.
I was talking about other birds in my area. I do often recommend people for putting their birds on yogurt or some probiotic. As a preventive measure, I give shine a probiotic dose daily. Just the method of giving is different- i just put a little powder there on her mirror or a dish, and she'll start licking it, she finishes the dose in a few attempts :D This provides her with more probiotic than she will get from her probiotic sprinkled food. Also, the question remains same, Can the droppings of a stressed bird have bubbles? Bubbles are more often sign of a yeast or a bacteria!