• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We survived Mini vaca 1

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
so we survived Mini vaca number 1 31 hrs total.
I was pretty amazed when I got home as soon as baby hurt as making noise he sharted excitedly chirping away when I went to take him out of his cage he completely accepted cuddles eagerly and tried to prolong them as long as he could I didn't get any b!@ch outs this time. He was far too happy to see Mommy then to yell at me.

hope it goes well on a longer vacation we have another day long coming up in May about 2 weeks away he's not going to be very happy about it but hopefully we have the same reaction of just being happy to see Mama

how do your fids react when you go on vacation or overnight?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad things went well. Elvis is always very excited to see us when we come home.

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Glad to hear it :)
I'm worried tho, as i'm going for a month at the end of the year *fingers crossed*

Enjoy ur vacation :D

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
Wowzas 'm not just quite a while I'm worried about only go for a week or 10 days I don't know if I could do a whole month. I hope it goes well for you I bet your baby will miss you bunches and bunches

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
I wouldn't go for so long, but it's kinda like a family reunion, and haven't seen them for 8 years or so, which kinda makes it 'compulsory'.
It'll be fun, but I'll sure miss my fid's :(

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
I only have 1 baby the cockatiel if I had my way you'd go with me everywhere unfortunately my family seems to have a problem with that idea even though he is my ESA oh well. well I sure do hope you have fun at your family reunion!!-!

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Thanks!
Once, we were going away for a week, and I was gonna let Pinto stay with a god friend of mine, as they as planning to get a bird soon, but I ended up freaking out about Teflon and their dog, and every bad situation imaginable that could happen to Pinto so much that we ended up taking her with us :D

She's a great traveller, didn't get upset during the whole 3 and a half hour drive, and sang the whole way :joyful:

Isn't an option this time tho, as it's overseas :meh:

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
  • Oh wowzas that bites!!!! And yeah I would probably freak out about every little thing two I'm already freaking out about the Border the lady has a bird a cockatiel as well but she also has cats so yeah not by choice there really isn't anything else to do in this situation.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
how do your fids react when you go on vacation or overnight?
I never go on vacations without my birds because I know that Eliy would be miserable without me.
And to be honest I don't trust anyone with my birds. They have create me, their perfect slave, :p and I'm sure that I would never find anyone that would put up with to do what I do.
We have so many routines that they are used to, and we do a lot of things every day, and to be in their cages during the day in not something they are used to.

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
Sounds like you're birds and mine have thoroughly read the human slave training manual for cockatiels and were very quick studies. mine has also created a perfect slave for himself and is not used to spending much time in his cage during the day he gets his morning cuddles shoulder time and exploration time evening cuddles and cuddles and scratches anytime he wants which of course he quickly lets me know when he's done accepting cuddles LOL!!-!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Sounds like you're birds and mine have thoroughly read the human slave training manual
So that's why! :wideyed:
I decided from the beginning that they would not be spoiled, so I didn't know how it all ended up like this.
But I like to spoil them, but don't tell them I said so! :p

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
I don't have to tell them pretty sure that's in the human slave training manual as well they know how to turn us into their personal slaves and to enjoy it in the process such little tricksters they are but you got to love them:D

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I've been gone for as long as two weeks at a time. Before my Meyer's passed, she would be angry upon my return, and would refuse to step up. My CAG generally was glad to see me return, and would happily step up.

I had friends stop by the house to replace food and water, but no one stayed overnight until last year. An old friend moved in with me, and he told me the saddest thing: When I'm on vacation, my CAG repeats her name to herself in my voice.

Otherwise, she seems OK when I'm gone.

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
Oh sad but so sweet pretty sure that means your CAG loves you very much and misses you!

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I’ve been gone for just under a week. My birds have always been pleased to see me return and luckily, never held a grudge that I went.