1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We need more pictures!!

Discussion in 'African Grey Alley' started by Lincee, 7/9/19.

1. Snowghost

Snowghost Sprinting down the street

Terri
    Thanks Jan about the photos, I had been at the river all day, was hot and sweaty but my grandson, asked, will Paco step up and he does now. Clayton was so happy to take photos. I agree their nails are something else and he does have quite a grip!

Lincee likes this.
  2. Hawk12237

Hawk12237 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Michael
    Eeehhh, 12 hours...I don't honestly know just who came up with that. Yes they need their sleep, but 12 hours straight,..lol...they'll sleep when they are tired. Mine stay up to 10 pm, and up at crack of dawn.
    When they are ready for bed they let me know. They don't make a fuss about it. But if I put them to bed too early they make a stink.

Last edited: 8/11/19
    Lincee, BertAllen and Snowghost like this.
  3. Snowghost

Terri
    Michael, right now I'm going with the flow, lol. I'm old, I'm lucky if I get 8 hours of sleep! Paco hoots like an owl at 7 am so I'm up. He is such a gentlemen! I'm up at 5 but go back to bed. LOL

Lincee, Hawk12237 and BertAllen like this.
  4. BertAllen

BertAllen Jogging around the block

Dave
    Tinker will nap in the afternoon on the back of my chair while I am on the laptop doing whatever. Other than that he is in for around 8pm and wanting out at 7am. But he has to wait till I finish my breakfast and the stove cools down.

Lincee and Hawk12237 like this.
  5. Arno

Arno Meeting neighbors

Arno
    Heres my brats oops i mean birdies.

The male is Chilli and the female is Cheeky

Attached Files:

Lincee, Eloy, BertAllen and 2 others like this.
  6. Hawk12237

Hawk12237 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Michael

Arno, those are some very beautiful greys!!
    nice picture of his eyes closed as scratches are given.

Lincee, Arno and JoJo&Loki like this.
  7. JoJo&Loki

JoJo&Loki Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting!

Kelly
    Beautiful birbs! And yes that last pic is awesome :highfive:

Lincee likes this.
  8. Snowghost

Terri
    What an awesome cage, and happy birds! Sigh. I hope one day Paco will let me do head scritches.

Lincee and Arno like this.
  9. Snowghost

Terri
    @BertAllen I'm not sure when Paco naps or if he does. I know my zon napped in the afternoon. Paco seems to be up all day. I had a few down days and napped and when I woke up he was snoozing too. When I open the screen door to the room it will wake him up. I'm sure he must be o.k. he seems healthy and happy.

Lincee likes this.
  10. Snowghost

Terri
    @Hawk12237 I tried turning the light off at 9pm and he freaked. I did get worried even when I did turn off the big overhead, but I have a lamp by the bed, its a tough type so I turn that on low and turn off the fish tank, close the drapes to let him know nite, nite is coming. Then I turn off the overhead light and read a book. He flips upside down and walks that way across his cage and he sits and fluffs, not sure what that is. Then he settles down to preen. Trying to stick to a routine to help him learn what to expect.

Lincee and BertAllen like this.
  11. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    I think that is the best. I believe that they are individuals just like us. Some body needs sleep several times/ day and some needs a long night of sleep. If they seems happy and healthy I will say that they get enough sleep.
    That is also what I recommend. Everything goes so easy if you have routines. And they can adjust and sleep more during day if they need too.

I will not say that I know how many hrs sleep our parrots needs every night. Perhaps some needs 12, and some needs only 8.
    And if they seems healthy and not having any anguish or behaviour problem I think everyone should continue doing what they are doing.
    You don't fix anything if it ain't broken.

12. Snowghost

Terri
    @Eloy I know I worry to much about Paco. After losing Bugsy suddenly I guess I'm being over cautious. You may not know her story. Bugs was my wild caught Amazon. She was always healthy, no issues and then bam, was moving slow, (I honestly thought it was old age) I had her for 25 years and did not know how old she was when I got her. She went down fast, not perching, not screaming, off to vet we went and I found this site. Two days at the vet and on the third day I decided to put her down. It broke me in two. I wasn't going to make her live her life at the bottom of a cage on meds. I have since gotten Paco and want to ensure I do everything right. I post here often for advice and direction.

I'll have to remind myself not to fix something that is not broken.

Thank you for your response.

Lincee, Eloy and BertAllen like this.
  13. BertAllen

BertAllen Jogging around the block

Dave
    @Snowghost Your doing fine.

Lets have some more pictures. :)

Lincee and Eloy like this.
  14. Snowghost

Terri
    Paco's diet gets better every day, munching on cucumber, it's green! He has a phobia for green veggies. 20190813_190352.jpg

Eloy and BertAllen like this.
  15. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    @Snowghost He is so handsome and that is great that he is being more healthy. :)
    I did leave a comment to you on your profile side for some day's ago.

16. Snowghost

Terri
    Eloy, I didn't know I could get messages on my profile side. Thanks, Paco's feathers are coming in slowly but he is getting fuzzy and now has about 3 bright red tail feathers getting longer with about 2 more starting. I can't wait til he is fully feathered!

Eloy likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)