• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We need more pictures!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
That is one of the most beautiful zons I ever seen. ❤ Big expressive eyes, and great color's.
What kind of zon is that?

Thank you!
Poppers is a Blue front amazon. 14 years old now. I'm her third parront. Had her 8 years as a rescue. We think something bad happened with her first parronts, she has a damaged wing, she can never fly. But she's my baby, and took a long while for her to trust and bond.
IMG_20190424_104950.jpg IMG_20190628_162204.jpg IMG_20170425_092138_burst_03.jpg

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Yeeeep.... keep em coming people!! We need our bird fix :rofl:
There’s something to be said about bird owners in regards to people who have dogs or cats... We sure seem to be more well informed about what we’re getting ourselves in with!

Unfortunatly, on the Dutch version of graigslist i still see too many people wanting to sell their parrots for all the wrong reasons :(

I wonder if those people would sell their kids as well if its so convenient

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
There’s Luka! Shes not really a big fan of the playstand, so i keep having to remove the toys when shes on it, but some day.... some day she will play!

Can anyone see that patch where the feathers seem... broken.. ??
Wonder what thats all about?

Attachments

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Eloy, I am using Mozilla as my browser and I have a Samsung J Android phone. I just logged in this morning and it's the same thing, invalid password. My lap top updates the new password and it still this site says its invalid. For the life of me I can't figure out what is going on. I'll even live the window open and yesterday the site logged me out. That was a first.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
There’s something to be said about bird owners in regards to people who have dogs or cats... We sure seem to be more well informed about what we’re getting ourselves in with!

Unfortunatly, on the Dutch version of graigslist i still see too many people wanting to sell their parrots for all the wrong reasons :(

Yes! I’m loving all the pics too!

Regarding birb owners, I think since birds are “exotic” pets, most people do a lot of research before adopting. With dogs and cats, they’ve either had them as kids already or at least know people who have. At least that’s what happened with me- it was my daughters idea to get a budgie but since I had NO CLUE how to care for a bird I started researching my butt off before agreeing. Notice I said MOST though, as Craigslist etc is evidence of unfortunately. However there are circumstances when that can’t be helped, but they’re definitely the minority. And ya, I think some people would actually do the same with any living being if it was considered “acceptable “. :atomic:

Luka is GORGEOUS!! I don’t know about the feathers unfortunately..hopefully someone can answer that for you!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Eloy, I am using Mozilla as my browser and I have a Samsung J Android phone. I just logged in this morning and it's the same thing, invalid password. My lap top updates the new password and it still this site says its invalid. For the life of me I can't figure out what is going on. I'll even live the window open and yesterday the site logged me out. That was a first.
The easiest part should be to fix your mobile so
we try that first.
For me that sounds like you not accept cookies. Find the settings and accept them.
Have you tried to use the default browser?
And the same here, accept cookies.
Also clear cookies and cache then restart your phone.

For your laptop, have you tried to empty cookies and cache files?
Do you have a antivirus program on your laptop?
If so make sure that AA is a trustworthy site. (Can't explain that better then so in English, but perhaps someone else can)

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

Lol....their actually was an ad a couple years back where some really messed up goof tried selling her kid on Craig's list. She was arrested.

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
I never realised just how stunning greys are! Thanks for enlightening me :dance5:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Me too!
Ive known greys all my life, my uncle had one, some other relatives had them.
But its only now that i have one myself i see them upclose in detail... they truely are a beauty in disguise!

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
The easiest part should be to fix your mobile so
we try that first.
For me that sounds like you not accept cookies. Find the settings and accept them.
Have you tried to use the default browser?
And the same here, accept cookies.
Also clear cookies and cache then restart your phone.

For your laptop, have you tried to empty cookies and cache files?
Do you have a antivirus program on your laptop?
If so make sure that AA is a trustworthy site. (Can't explain that better then so in English, but perhaps someone else can)

Thanks for the tips Eloy, I have no idea where the cookies are on a cell phone or the cache. Yes I have emptied cookies and cache on Lap top and I most certainly do have a virus program. I will have to see if I can find out if it is a trustworthy site. Not sure how, but there is google.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Great, now I"m getting a black message and in red from this site "the following error occurred must wait 10 seconds before performing this action"

Is there no IT or admin that can help me?

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Hawk, where is the story about Poppers? How long did it take to calm her/him down and relax?

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Great, now I"m getting a black message and in red from this site "the following error occurred must wait 10 seconds before performing this action"

Is there no IT or admin that can help me?
The problem is, there are too many devices to support ;-)

If you used an iPhone i could help you ;-)

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Too many devices? I'm only using my lap top.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Lol....their actually was an ad a couple years back where some really messed up goof tried selling her kid on Craig's list. She was arrested.
Why am I NOT surprised, unfortunately. :(

Lincee that last pic of you and Coco is hilarious! I hope she takes the rejection well though lol

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Coco does the whole “lets mate” thing... i am a bit unsure how to deal with that...
I just ignore it but in a nice way.
I do not put Eliy away and place her somewhere else that some others do.
For me I think it's important that she will feel loved, but when she's begging for more I stop touching her and distract her so she can think of something else.
A funny thing with Eliy is that the shower trigger her. So when I'm standing their naked and wet she's going "all in". :blink::bored:
Next to beeing flattered ofcourse (its been a while since anyone shown interest in me hehehe
I hate you for making me laugh at that. That should not be funny, but the way you describe it make me think it is. :D
And Jan, you are a nice looking man, have a big heart, are not stupid and have humor. I'm sure if that your Mr right guy is out their waiting for you. :hug2:
i would like to move past this stage and just be friends
I think that is to late. She has choosing you, so just accept it. But she will not be that h*rny more then breeding season.