• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We might be crazy. (A second G2?)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh WoW! Love the new developments!! What would happen if Puffin and BuZz hit it off?:wideyed: What a good thing she is already coming out!:heart: Seems like she is settling in very smoothly!
She and Buzz can talk safely from a distance. He doesn't need her powder and she doesn't need that beak! :confused: Besides, I'm confident that once we finally get a house & have more space, the universe will put a Buzzy buddy in our path.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
She and Buzz can talk safely from a distance. He doesn't need her powder and she doesn't need that beak! :confused: Besides, I'm confident that once we finally get a house & have more space, the universe will put a Buzzy buddy in our path.
O I totally forgot about that:o: Such a real issue though! I too have confidence that Will happen:heart: O you Will have such a crazy flock when you Own a house I think! Like Sarah or @Nikomania :D

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
O I totally forgot about that:o: Such a real issue though! I too have confidence that Will happen:heart: O you Will have such a crazy flock when you Own a house I think! Like Sarah or @Nikomania :D
My house? Crazy???:faint:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You'd mentioned them before, but it's even more encouraging to me that they came from different homes! That would be too perfect. :angel1:

I'm glad Elvis was a cuddle bug. I wish today was your day off so you could've soaked it all in! :swoon: Puffin was silly this morning, leaning off of her cage towards me. She didn't want to come to me, just the occasional scritch and lots of attention -also right before work. I hated coaxing her back into the cage when she's finally starting to come out. :(

Puffin started calling for me this morning when I took her bowls to change them, and Bug called to me whenever I was in the room with Puffin. :shocked4: Neither one called to the other, but Buzzard seemed to answer Puffin. :laugh: Her call is clearer, louder and not as raspy as Luv Bug's. Maybe she sounds like a mini macaw to him! That might not have been part of the plan, but we'll take any positives we can get!
I said the same thing- Elvis couldn't do that on a weekend... I'm glad Puffin is settling in so well.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Today is my half day & hubby won't be home yet for a couple of hours. Puffin is now calling for me almost constantly but Luv Bug and now Buzzard have started calling when I leave the room. I'm trying to take turns, but the constant calling is driving me nuts; I feel guilty that I can't make everyone happy at once. Plus we live in an apartment so Buzz needs to not learn to scream from her. :o:

Ideas? I'm off tomorrow while hubby works, so I'm expecting more of the same. Help? :shocked5:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Focus on Buzz. You don't want him to be jealous.
Give him and Love Bug time, do something with them so they get sleepy. (bath, outside walk, trick training e.t.c)
So when you are leaving them they are satisfied and sleepy. And now you can give Puffin time. That is what I would do.
And to ignore the calls from Puffin will be good so she don't start her new home realizing that she will get what she wants if she screams.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Best to ignore the calling as much as possible. Sometimes I just let my 'toos scream it out and sometimes I do go in to check especially if it doesn't stop just to make sure nothing is wrong.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Ignoring it does seem to be working for everyone. When Puffin starts up, which is seldom, it feels like it will never end; it's stressful. But it really only lasts 10-15 minutes tops and then she's silent for hours. It's actually reassuring because that lets me know how she is when we're not home. I feel better about that.

And with us not reacting to Puffin (only 1-2 flock calls back) the other birds aren't reacting either. I think they were getting worked up over our energy more than they were responding to Puffin.

@Eloy, I have been spending more time with Buzzard; he's been on my arm a lot when I do chores and we've been "windowing" several times a day, but not for long because he gets too excited and is eager to go back. :xflove: (He's such a sweetie! I love that boy! :heart:)

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
What a home full of beautiful stunning pets! Love the updates on Princess Puffin and the reactions from Buzz and Luv Bug......hehehe Nomi:rofl: with her seedy poop. My dog broke into the chook seed a fair few times and left lovely seeded dog logs all over the back yard :hehe: .

I have enjoyed every word of this thread, it has really brought a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart. Can't wait for more pics when everything settles down at your house ;)

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
So far, so good. :tup: We took Puffin to the vet yesterday & since our vet only charges 1 office visit fee no matter how many pets you bring, we decided to bring Scotty and Luv Bug, too. We took two cars to keep them separate & they saw Puffin in one exam room and Bug & Scott in another. :) Puffin was calling and dancing so much she got everyone in the waiting room laughing and the entire staff loved her and was talking about her. She was such a ham that no one even noticed that I had 2 birds on the other end of the waiting room! :laugh:

We decided to have both Puffin and Luv Bug DNA sexed. The vet says she does think Puffin is as young as the owners said, that her skin is young looking and that she just seems older than Bug because she's a bit larger; 249 grams to Luv Bug's 220. (I'm shocked how noticeable 29 grams is!) Scotty got a nail trim and got to see and flirt with his favorite vet tech. She has a very high-pitched voice and he dances and struts for her.
I wanted to have Scotty sexed, too, but our bill was already getting pretty high with all of the testing & since we already swap any eggs in their cage for fakes I figured it can wait for his next trim, but it's still something I'd like to do since he is living with Miss Harley.

Last edited:

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Today is my half day & hubby won't be home yet for a couple of hours. Puffin is now calling for me almost constantly but Luv Bug and now Buzzard have started calling when I leave the room. I'm trying to take turns, but the constant calling is driving me nuts; I feel guilty that I can't make everyone happy at once. Plus we live in an apartment so Buzz needs to not learn to scream from her. :o:

Ideas? I'm off tomorrow while hubby works, so I'm expecting more of the same. Help? :shocked5:
An extra large bottle of motrin? They say to ignore them like kids. When Fred does that I just say YES FRED IN A MINUTE he eventually stops...they will have you running ragged if you let them.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Have you ever read this? The basics. Screaming 101

RP - Screaming

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I haven't read that one, but I did read some of your last link on screaming to hubby. I like the way this one puts it into human terms and the part about the "Extinction Burst" makes sense. I'll show hubby this evening & see if we can't start making some headway. :)