• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We might be crazy. (A second G2?)

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What a wondeful update! I totally Love it that her pics look so much alike:lol:Perhaps she is a bit more likely to bite because she is in a new place? I would be:D The princess likes her food eh? Perhaps she Will have a love affair with veggies when she does try Some (one day:rolleyes:):roflmao: WoW, Nomi ate the nutriberries?:rofl: What a crazy little(? I think you have a smaller dog and a great Dane? You never post pictures of them I think:naughty::D) dog:heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Perhaps she Will have a love affair with veggies when she does try Some (one day:rolleyes:)
Actually from what her old owners said she's used to eating lots of different fresh and cooked foods. I hope Luv Bug picks up some of those habits! She'd rather ant everything, then climb down and eat it from the tray. :banghead: Hmmm... maybe I should install a larger bowl beneath her food bowl to catch all of her anted food. Or would she just ant in again? :meh:
:roflmao: WoW, Nomi ate the nutriberries?:rofl: What a crazy little(? I think you have a smaller dog and a great Dane? You never post pictures of them I think:naughty::D) dog:heart:
Nomi is a small German Shepherd/Kelpie mix; she's only about 55 lbs. Funny, Jixny's the one who's tall enough to look over the edge of the counter, but Nomi is the only one who steals food! :shifty: Her poo last night & this morning looked like those suet cakes you put in bird feeders. :laughin:

But you can't stay mad at a face like this:
20180606_160150.jpg

And here's one for approximate size:
20150220_230212-1.jpg
She's not very big, but she's nimble and crafty! :devil:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Oh how amazing she is already used to eating veggies!:dance5: Only pellets to go then:embarassed:
I hope Luv Bug picks up some of those habits!
Wouldn’t that be great! I know for Henkie it helped LOADS to have Fea who did eat veggies! Even the first few days after they met so were not really friends yet, Henkie started trying Some new things:)

That sounds like a good idea actually! As Henkie and Fea walk a few steps with food and then dropped I give them food on a large plate to contain most of it so it doesn’t lie on the windowsill.

OMG I love love love them!!! Nomi fits her well too:heart: How pretty they are, and that sweet face of Nomi:faint: Impossible to be mad At indeed:D Whaha yeah I believe her poop was... odd:lol: That she ate those seeds is really :wideyed:! My rabbits eat bird seed when they can but I don’t see our dog or cats trying:lol:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Elvis was pretty chill in the early days too........... That's changed. ;) It's interesting that she likes nutriberries. Elvis will have no part of them. Although he does still like to eat some seed. His main diet is pellets but he'll only eat the fruit flavored ones- and of course, his beloved cashews. And he is finally eating more fresh food. I can't wait until your two cuties get to meet each other. :fairy2:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Another great thread to follow. I'm so happy she found a wonderful place to land with you and I look forward to all the updates and more photos! Nomi = too adorable!!!! Love that photo! I can relate to the seed eating dog. Years ago my yorkie Briggs ate a bowl of seed ( sneaky bugger would climb furniture to steal) and the next time he pooped it was a log of seed...:wtf:.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Puffin is precious!! A goffin is on my want list. They are just so sweet and fun!
Sweet? LOL. They have sweet moments. The rest of the time they are Tasmanian devils. I mean that in the best way, actually. Elvis is sweet and very smart but the cuddles are maybe a combined 30-40 minutes a day (in the morning and sometimes before bed). The rest of the time he is busy. Really busy.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
They have sweet moments. The rest of the time they are Tasmanian devils. I mean that in the best way, actually. Elvis is sweet and very smart but the cuddles are maybe a combined 30-40 minutes a day (in the morning and sometimes before bed). The rest of the time he is busy. Really busy.
Amen! :yes3:

Scary to think that this is the outcome we're hoping for:

(artist rendering of Luv Bug and Puffin as playmates)

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Still craving to see more pictures!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
A quick update before bed. Puffin was a little more active this evening. She played with a toy and even came out of her cage for a few minutes. :) Baby steps!
20180918_222420.jpg 20180918_222459.jpg 20180918_220302.jpg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Yay! She’s so cute, and she has such an expressive face!:heart::heart::heart:

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Amen! :yes3:

Scary to think that this is the outcome we're hoping for:

(artist rendering of Luv Bug and Puffin as playmates)
LOL. Hopefully, they become great pals. There are two females goffins at the rescue here. They came from separate homes. The one was pretty sick when she came (was nursed back to health) and extremely skittish. The other female completely took her under her wing and looks out for her. It's very sweet. So hopefully, Puffin and Love Bug become great friends too.

Oh, and it's like someone told Elvis about my post because he was a complete cuddle bug this morning and I had to make him get off of me so I could leave for work... which of course made me feel bad. They know how to work it. :rolleyes:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Hopefully, they become great pals. There are two females goffins at the rescue here. They came from separate homes. The one was pretty sick when she came (was nursed back to health) and extremely skittish. The other female completely took her under her wing and looks out for her. It's very sweet. So hopefully, Puffin and Love Bug become great friends too.

Oh, and it's like someone told Elvis about my post because he was a complete cuddle bug this morning and I had to make him get off of me so I could leave for work... which of course made me feel bad. They know how to work it. :rolleyes:
You'd mentioned them before, but it's even more encouraging to me that they came from different homes! That would be too perfect. :angel1:

I'm glad Elvis was a cuddle bug. I wish today was your day off so you could've soaked it all in! :swoon: Puffin was silly this morning, leaning off of her cage towards me. She didn't want to come to me, just the occasional scritch and lots of attention -also right before work. I hated coaxing her back into the cage when she's finally starting to come out. :(

Puffin started calling for me this morning when I took her bowls to change them, and Bug called to me whenever I was in the room with Puffin. :shocked4: Neither one called to the other, but Buzzard seemed to answer Puffin. :laugh: Her call is clearer, louder and not as raspy as Luv Bug's. Maybe she sounds like a mini macaw to him! That might not have been part of the plan, but we'll take any positives we can get!

Last edited:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Oh WoW! Love the new developments!! What would happen if Puffin and BuZz hit it off?:wideyed: What a good thing she is already coming out!:heart: Seems like she is settling in very smoothly!