• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We might be crazy. (A second G2?)

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Tatatadammm is there going to be a RBT listed???:excited3:
Not mine lol. I love my Fred :) I did find another cage though, maybe to use out on the patio, or a different part of the house. Hoping it's a little smaller to take to the cottage we sometimes rent. We'll see...

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Not mine lol. I love my Fred :) I did find another cage though, maybe to use out on the patio, or a different part of the house. Hoping it's a little smaller to take to the cottage we sometimes rent. We'll see...
She meant so you could be crazy, too and have 2 Freddys. ;)

A vacation cage would be awesome! I hope that works out. :thumbsup:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
How wonderful!!! If this is not a perfect example of ‘meant to be’ I don’t know anymore...:heart: You are a gorgeous lady princess Puffin:swoon:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What a pretty girl.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I just saw this thread! Oh my goodness! She's beautiful! I can't wait to hear how things go with Puffin and Love Bug!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
For several months we've tossed around the idea of one day getting Luv Bug a playmate. Nothing serious, just "what ifs". She's very cuddly and loving, but she's so energetic and needs so much attention that we feel bad having to cage her while we're at work because she does have so much energy. Even with foraging toys full of beads and tons of toys, it would be nice if she had a companion she could be with 24/7.

Occasionally we've seen a goffins or other small 'too here and there, but nothing made us go for it. This summer hubby started asking about galahs. He mentioned that Luv Bug's cage has a divider. :meh: Uh-huh. I thought he was kidding so I laughed it off, but a few weeks later he asked if we'd heard anything about his galah. o_O Excuse me? You were serious? I haven't been looking. Since then I've peeked at RescueMe, Petfinder, and Craigslist maybe 3 times. Nothing. Whatever, no big deal, we're not really looking.

Why did I check CL this morning? :facepalm: I typed in "cockatoo" and the first listing that comes up is for a goffin for $400 -that we happen to have in the bank. I call the guy first to make sure he doesn't seem fishy or scammer-y. Nope, he's real; he even sounds like a good owner. The 'too is a (presumed) girl named Puffin. She's about 4 or 5 years old (Bug is 6 or 7) and she prefers men. :wideyed: They are rehoming because their M2 stresses her out and won't let her rest.

Dang it. Now I have to tell hubby. :bash:

I'm in no position to comment ... just posted the song ...

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
:scared4: How did I miss this thread until now???

Woohoo, congrats, Karen! I’m super glad that everything worked out and you got the Princess Puffin (what an adorable name)! She is absolutely precious and I don’t think she could’ve landed in a better home. :hug8: I’m looking forward to more updates! :D

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations on your new flock member!

Puffin is such a pretty girl! :heart: I love her name!

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Curious to see how Love Bug will react to her. Is Love Bug a female too? I had an experience with my female lovebird and didn't want another female bird after her.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Curious to see how Love Bug will react to her. Is Love Bug a female too? I had an experience with my female lovebird and didn't want another female bird after her.
I'm very curious to see how it goes too. We actually get a number of goffins at the rescue here. There's a bonded female pair right now available for adoption and possibly another male. The fiancé has pretty much ruled out a second goffin but .... I'll be curious to see if having 2 ups the craziness or calms the craziness down.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Is Love Bug a female too? I had an experience with my female lovebird and didn't want another female bird after her.
Luv Bug is also a presumed female, though when AA went through that rash of DNA testing a few months ago Hubby said he'd like to have her tested. I have been working open-to-close shifts since last week, but when I finally get a day off we will be taking Puffin to the vet for her initial checkup and since she is only presumed female, probably get her DNA tested as well. Since we still don't know about Luv Bug we'll have to have her tested, too; Puffin's results won't mean much until we find out about Luv Bug, too!

I'm very curious to see how it goes too. I'll be curious to see if having 2 ups the craziness or calms the craziness down.
We are very curious also! So far Puffin is mostly quiet in the other room and Luv Bug seemed curious that first night but normal since. She was probably less aware of a new bird and more wondering why she was in her cage instead of on us while we were battling that cage. :rolleyes:

No really new pics of Puffin to post. Hubby sent me a pic of his sleepy girl when he got home and it looked almost identical to the one I'd sent him! I think she'd been napping when he came home.
Resized_20180917_182845.jpeg
She hasn't been very active since that first night of dancing. She came out to the top of her cage for a few minutes this morning, while I was cleaning and filling her bowls, but went right back in when I put her food in. :eat: I'm not too worried about her since we've seen her eating and her water was filthy when I got home. :D She came with Nutriberries, nuts and fresh foods and mostly seed mixes but she did eat some pellets yesterday. Our guys get pellets in the morning as their large meal, then a smaller helping of seed mix in the evenings as a dinner/snack to get them in their cages so we can eat in peace. When I brought Puffins' bowl in to her this morning she pushed the pellets around looking for seeds. Unfortunately we're already fresh out of the Nutriberries they sent (Nomi stole them off the counter while we were at work:watching:) so I added some of our seed mix on top. We can work on converting her once she's settled in.

She still puts her head down for scritches, but I got a firm chomp for touching a sensitive pin feather. I was surprised she broke the skin; it's a firmer warning bite than Luv Bug gives for pin feather infractions, but I don't think she meant anything else by it. She will take balls and smaller toy and likes to throw them. She seems to like the cat bell balls and hubby got her to chew up a small pinecone last night. :xflove: She might not have come in guns blazing like Luv Bug did, but I think she will come into her own fairly quickly.

Last edited: