• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We might be crazy. (A second G2?)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
For several months we've tossed around the idea of one day getting Luv Bug a playmate. Nothing serious, just "what ifs". She's very cuddly and loving, but she's so energetic and needs so much attention that we feel bad having to cage her while we're at work because she does have so much energy. Even with foraging toys full of beads and tons of toys, it would be nice if she had a companion she could be with 24/7.

Occasionally we've seen a goffins or other small 'too here and there, but nothing made us go for it. This summer hubby started asking about galahs. He mentioned that Luv Bug's cage has a divider. :meh: Uh-huh. I thought he was kidding so I laughed it off, but a few weeks later he asked if we'd heard anything about his galah. o_O Excuse me? You were serious? I haven't been looking. Since then I've peeked at RescueMe, Petfinder, and Craigslist maybe 3 times. Nothing. Whatever, no big deal, we're not really looking.

Why did I check CL this morning? :facepalm: I typed in "cockatoo" and the first listing that comes up is for a goffin for $400 -that we happen to have in the bank. I call the guy first to make sure he doesn't seem fishy or scammer-y. Nope, he's real; he even sounds like a good owner. The 'too is a (presumed) girl named Puffin. She's about 4 or 5 years old (Bug is 6 or 7) and she prefers men. :wideyed: They are rehoming because their M2 stresses her out and won't let her rest.

Dang it. Now I have to tell hubby. :bash:

Last edited:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Sooo it’s you and me both eh:D Randomly looking is never good:embarassed: I am so happy for you! Crossing my fingers it works out and she/he and Luv Bug hit it off!:cantwait: Can’t Wait to hear what hubby thinks!:D

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
20180916_145139.jpg 20180916_145155.jpg 20180916_145215.jpg
She's plucking from the stress of the M2, but nothing too bad. Isn't she precious? Aren't I an idiot for looking? :rolleyes: I'm glad I did. Fingers crossed.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ahwwwe! Makes her more adorable:swoon: What a pretty lady! You are one crazy woman with that flock of yours, but crazy in a good way!:D

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Sounds like a match made in heaven!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A second Goffin's....:wacky:
The birds may or may not get along but then I'm sure you already know that.
However Puffin is very cute and you would give her/him a wonderful new home and maybe Bug would love the company.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
A second Goffin's....:wacky: The birds may or may not get along but then I'm sure you already know that. However Puffin is very cute and you would give her/him a wonderful new home and maybe Bug would love the company.
If this does happen it'll be interesting to gauge her reaction to the sound of another goffins in the other room. Since we're in an apartment the kids' room is our best spot for quarantining. The kids are only over on weekends & only if they don't have other plans at their mom's house.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't have 2 Goffin's but I do have a Goffin's and a Bare-eyed. One of the things that might happen is very loud flock calling between the two birds. I call it "round robin screaming". My YNA joins in with the 'toos and they take turns screaming one after the other.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
It was your thread that made me think to look. I thought to myself, "I haven't looked in a while...."BAM! Cockatoo. :shocked4:
Omg! Here I am standing in the dark in the middle of the night cracking up at what random looking change in the life of a person!:rofl: I hate the waiting! I too want to see your bringing hime pics:D:heart:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Oooohhh Puffin is adorable. :xflove::heart: Good luck with everything!! I hope you get to see her tonight. I am so looking forward to updates :joyful:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Hmmmm. She's off line.:hmmm: Bet she and her husband are racing through traffic as we speak to meet their new baby!
We are. Hubby is driving and we are underway. :car: No traffic, though. ;) Might be a bit before I'm back on. Fingers crossed!