• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We have our work cut out with Sophie day 10

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I wish I had twins ;) maybe someday I can dream about an M2!
To be honest...having Elvis visit started getting me thinking of bringing another 'too into our flock...then reality hit me over the head. I still dream of another 'too though...;)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
To be honest...having Elvis visit started getting me thinking of bringing another 'too into our flock...then reality hit me over the head. I still dream of another 'too though...;)
Sometimes two are good together. It's a dream, the honestly is as needy as they are, I and Dave only have time for one! The Zons have each other being best buds. So their out of cage time they have one another, plus me and they are easily entertained and independent.

I could not imagine having to split time with two Toos there's not enough of me to go around lol! Sophie does not like any other birds, Jenny was the same way. You can walk by with Hoosier, he doesn't care but you will get a puffed up cresty Too!

Life with parrots, yup I always said my limit was there and that's that!

:)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
If they get along you'd never know you had more than one. If they don't get along it's your worst bloody (life long) nightmare.

IMG_2825.jpg

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
If they get along you'd never know you had more than one. If they don't get along it's your worst bloody (life long) nightmare.

View attachment 281540
Very true.

If I were younger, not disabled, and had a little more room, I'd seriously consider looking into the "local" rescues (all are over 100 miles away at least) for another 'too that needs a soft place to land.

But since none of those three conditions exist, I'm cool with the guys right here...:cool:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
All in all though...It was a blast having Elvis the 'too visit...I got to experience another 'too for awhile...he's quite the rogue...and very, very cute...:D

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Beautiful Sophie. She looks happy! Toos are my dream-birds. Maybe, in my next lifetime, (sigh).
Never say never! I thought after Jen passed there wouldn't be another. Moreso my other half he was so broken. He filled the adoption app out without my knowledge. He did that for me, he knew my love was more knowing we needed to rescue one.

He opened his heart to help me heal. I still miss Jen, always will.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
John that is such a beautiful photo of your birds. I know you put so much into seeing that they are happy and healthy.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Never say never! I thought after Jen passed there wouldn't be another. Moreso my other half he was so broken. He filled the adoption app out without my knowledge. He did that for me, he knew my love was more knowing we needed to rescue one.

Your story is a lot like mine. After Cassie passed, I too said, "No more." My wife contacted our AV (unbeknownst to me) who put her in contact with a rescue in New York...they had a 'too that needed a good home. They offered for us to adopt the bird...sight unseen...because of the recommendation from our AV. That 'too turned out to be Milton.

I completely understand when you say that you still miss Jen, and always will. It is the same way I feel about my Cassie...:heart: :hug8:

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy

faeryphoebe1

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
My family has threatened to disown me if I get another parrot.

I have 3 conures who like to bite young adults who would rather be on their phones than pay attention to them, lol.

Toos are one of a kind!

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Lol my friend Brian who owns a pet store (very small mostly fish) was willed to him Jefferson U2. He hand fed Jefferson as a baby and he is now 18 yrs old, and he also boarded Jefferson every summer while his owners were in Florida. My Freddy was also raised by Brian and Freddy was 7 when we got him in December. So Jefferson and Freddy know each other well. I know if he ever were to rehome Jefferson I would take him in a heart beat. Especially if he and Freddy were friends. He is 22" tall, and breathtaking. He is so charming, sociable and loveable. I can see myself selling furniture to make room for him! Lol unless I should keep the furniture to give him something to destroy. :rofl: ....and before you say it @JLcribber I KNOW! I have been bitten by the too bug!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Have you ever rubbed mineral oil on her beak to shine and darken it?
I have not. Our beloved Jenny always had a very shiney beak, she was not at all powdery, not even her legs. We do not know why she was not, maybe genetic? Towards the end with care in her last year, she was starting to get the powdery look on her legs and beak.

Sophie can be my powder puff, I am good with it! Thanks for asking about that though. ;)