• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We have our work cut out with Sophie day 10

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Well Miss Fuzz butt has been home 10 days. She eats well, eats veggies, eats Harrison's high potency course and likes pellet berries.

She's destroyed two toys in a matter of days. I have noticed if she kills one of a particular kind, can't add the same kind again. So we will be rotating new in.

She is perfect! Sweet as sugar, barely screams thankfully lol and says "too doop"!

We are now working on her picking. Since she's got a feather protector, she's resorting to chewing her nails!! They are like daggers, so tomorrow, it's dremel time to smooth the tips.

We LOVE her! She loves her Daddy, she loves me and loves to snuggle in her soft blanket. We are surely blessed.

New feathers coming in on her back :D 20180705_084740.jpg can't get her back! But talons taste like chicken!
20180705_193809.jpg 20180708_225612.jpg 20180709_194209.jpg

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
That photo under the blanket is too cute. Glad Sophie is loved so much.
We couldn't have it any other way! We love our U2s! I know I love my zonnie boys, loved the budgies but there is nothing more awesome then a sweet, angelic Too!

I wish I had twins ;) maybe someday I can dream about an M2!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Does her feather protector have any dangles for her to chew on? If there's something else for her to mouth, perhaps she'll leave her talons alone.

She's a beauty.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
She is so cute in those pics, especially the one in the blanket :heart:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Great update!:dance4: I’m glad she’s settling in so well, and she’s absolutely precious!:heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Does her feather protector have any dangles for her to chew on? If there's something else for her to mouth, perhaps she'll leave her talons alone.

She's a beauty.
Yes, there are some on the front. I am thinking it's behavior that she's channeling out of frustration because she's wanting to pick and cannot. Tonight her protector is off for a day- let her get air, preen and she is happily leaving her talons alone thank god! If she will be as she is, then we live life as she's been. I am trying to work with her and would love nothing more than a beautifully feathered Too. But if it's not in it for us, then it's not.

I will give this a valiant try to see if we can fix the issue- toys, preening toys, wood to chew. Well many new feathers on her chest I see and she is content right now near by.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Great update!:dance4: I’m glad she’s settling in so well, and she’s absolutely precious!:heart:
Thank you sweets. She is doing very well, but OMG can she belt out a shriek :faint: Just one or two and then that is all. :coffeescreen:

Last edited:

M_Riddly

Strolling the yard
A toy that my g2 loves is this mop head I bought for like a dollar at Walmart and strung some beads on. I also knotted some of the strands with different knots. He loves to chew on his favorite colored beads and undo the knots. Along with unraveling the twisted mop strands. I guess you could call it a preening toy. It is also great for foreaging. You can tie a nut or something in there for them to find. Keeps my bird occupied much longer than the other toys. Except his nubby. That's his favorite. He can chew on that for quite some time without getting bored. Baby toys I have noticed work well. Especially the teething or rattling ones. They are much cheaper than bird toys and my bird seems to like them and the home made toys better than the store bought ones. Saving money to buy more things for bird toys!!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
A toy that my g2 loves is this mop head I bought for like a dollar at Walmart and strung some beads on. I also knotted some of the strands with different knots. He loves to chew on his favorite colored beads and undo the knots. Along with unraveling the twisted mop strands. I guess you could call it a preening toy. It is also great for foreaging. You can tie a nut or something in there for them to find. Keeps my bird occupied much longer than the other toys. Except his nubby. That's his favorite. He can chew on that for quite some time without getting bored. Baby toys I have noticed work well. Especially the teething or rattling ones. They are much cheaper than bird toys and my bird seems to like them and the home made toys better than the store bought ones. Saving money to buy more things for bird toys!!!
Well we own Kazoo Bird she has toys galore lol!

But that's a great suggestion. I ordered more shredder toys, more wood and will be adding some foraging toys tomorrow.

The mind of a Too, complex they are!

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
An all cotton mop head (trimmed so that the strings are short enough that can't tangle around a birdy neck) makes a very nice toy for pluckers. They can destroy the mop instead of their own feathers.

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am good for now toy wise for her if this order comes from Foster Smith

She has lots to chew, and destroy. So happy she loves wood. I am sure she will love some TNT toys. In due time, need to recover my wallet lol from this awesome sale first! :omg::hehe::faint:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Just curious...does Sophie click her tongue when she's snuggling under the blanket? Milton's famous for that. ;)

...and those beautiful, beautiful brown eyes....:heart::heart::heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Just curious...does Sophie click her tongue when she's snuggling under the blanket? Milton's famous for that. ;)

...and those beautiful, beautiful brown eyes....:heart::heart::heart:
Yes, beak clicking while snuggling and alot when she's being loved on.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I wish I had twins ;) maybe someday I can dream about an M2!

Ok. Step away from the bottle my dear. I'm going to talk you down off the cliff. First put on this special coat and sit in this special room.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Ok. Step away from the bottle my dear. I'm going to talk you down off the cliff. First put on this special coat and sit in this special room.
No in all seriousness, we loved Teddy! He's a gorgeous, full feather M2 with the most swooniest eyes ever. He is huge and I said he was too much bird for me. But I can dream though! I love this by the way! And as you know my soft spot is for the fabulous white unicorns with wings. :D

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Picture #3, You don't see me, I am invisible